Crazy artworks MM4

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

dalarath

Crazy artworks MM4

Post by dalarath »

First of all, please excuse me for my bad english.

Every time I add/rescan files to the library, it DUPLICATES the cover from one RANDOM file tag to other RANDOM files tag. After closing MM4, I add the affected files to MM3 and the covers are the original ones, the copied cover don't exist. So, I supose that the new covers aren't realy saved to the tag, is just a problem in MM4.

I'm using MM4 gold. This only ocurrs in MM4 (any version). I've tried this in WinXP Pro and Win7 Ultimate, on different PCs and the problem persists.

ALL THE COVERS ARE SAVED IN THE TAGS

Here are some screens to help you understand the problem:

First, the files have their appropiate covers. New covers appear in MM4 (yellow circles represent the changed artworks):

Then I close MM4 (to save any changes) and open it again. Open MM3 and add/rescan the same files (yellow circles represent original artworks). Files in MM3 (original):

Comparison of the files at the same time in MM3 (left, original) and MM4 (right, changed):

As you can se, MM4 assigns to some files the artworks that belong to other file.

Does anybody experiment the same problem?
rovingcowboy

Re: Crazy artworks MM4

Post by rovingcowboy »

I did awhile back but on mm3, it turned out to be wrong info in the tags.
But never got the same as you are getting, and what bad english? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dalarath wrote:Every time I add/rescan files to the library, it DUPLICATES the cover from one RANDOM file tag to other RANDOM files tag.
Scan file directories for Artwork under Tools > Options > Library is probably responsible for this.
dalarath

Post by dalarath »

Lowlander wrote:Scan file directories for Artwork under Tools > Options > Library is probably responsible for this.
Thanks a lot, Lowlander !!!!!!! That worked :D