Wifi-sync doesn't copy playlists

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Hector

Wifi-sync doesn't copy playlists

Post by Hector »

Hi, my device: Samsung Galaxy Note

When I sync playlists via USB, MM copies both files and playlists.
When I sync playlists via Wifi, MMA copies only the files and not the playlists. And yes, i have checked the "sync playlists" and "create playlists", path for playlist is correct, etc. I tried both external SD and internal memory.

Any help?

Oh, and it would be useful if you could sync changes in playlists made in MMA. E.g. sync playlist A and B from server to device, add song from playlist A to B on device and sync extended playlist B back to server...
Lowlander

Re: Wifi-sync doesn't copy playlists

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW?
Hector

Post by Hector »

both newest as installed today.
cmatte

Post by cmatte »

I have the same problem (and many syncronization problems if I select auto-playlist, but that's another thread): playlists ARE synced to the MM Android app, but they are not available to other applications as no .m3u playlist is being saved (at least no m3u files can be found, here). The whole "playlist" section of the device's syncronization page seems to be just unseen. Please, don't tell me this is "by-design", as it would be useless, MM has always been open to everything and it would become "just-another-app" for the same task instead.

A simple example why I do need the *real* playlists on the device is because they are needed for letting the sports training apps (Adidas miCoach, Endomondo, Nike+) work allowing you both listen to your music and hear the vocal coach when it has something to tell you while practising your favourite sport, lowering the music volume for the needed seconds.

Thanks guys.
mcow

Post by mcow »

cmatte wrote:playlists ARE synced to the MM Android app, but they are not available to other applications as no .m3u playlist is being saved
I see this also.
abedaun

Post by abedaun »

I've been beating my head against this as well -- yes, the playlists do sync, but since they are not .m3u files I cannot queue them up to play with Alarm Clock Plus (so far I haven't been able to find any way to wake up to my alarm autoplaylist on MMA -- if you know a way I'd love to hear it)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Device Profile you have conversion rules and there you see Supported Formats. Make sure M3U is listed as the supported Playlist format.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I cannot replicate.

Is the issue that playlists are not presented in MMA or physically on the storage?
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

after syncing via WIFI playlists are neither presented in MMA nor stored to the device...
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

summery of my situation after 3 days of testing:
Samsung Galaxy S2, ANdroid 4.1.2 - MMA 1.0.4.0117 and Win 7 Pro - MM 4.1.0.1629

USB Sync: copies Playlists and Files, but not the Ratings and Playcounts
WIFI Sync: copies Files, Ratings and Playcounts, but not the Playlists
Martin_arg

Post by Martin_arg »

yes i have the same problem with my nexus 7 and my motorla razr. The playlists doesn't apear
Hector

Post by Hector »

Lowlander wrote:In the Device Profile you have conversion rules and there you see Supported Formats. Make sure M3U is listed as the supported Playlist format.
M3U is listed. But Wifi-sync still doesnt copy the m3u's. Furthermore I chose NOT to copy any albumart.jpgs. USB-sync obeys this, Wifi-sync does not and messes up my picture gallery by copying hundreds of albumart.jpgs in the music folder. So Wifi-sync is still useless for me atm.
Kenofalte

Post by Kenofalte »

I have the same problem. The music on the playlists gets copied but the playlists themselves are not.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Note that in Device Profile in MMW the option to copy Playlists needs to be enabled.

For me it somewhat works. I get the Playlists over including the hierarchy (still dislike that). However I have seen several copies of the Playlist (in RocketPlayer not MMA) and Playlists magically grow in file numbers over time (no syncing).
k2p2c2

Post by k2p2c2 »

I have the same proble with the lasts MMA and MMW on Windows 8.
Wifi, does not sync playlist and says nothing to sync...

Any thing I could do to help with my galaxy s3?

Thanks!