MediaMonkey for Android FAQ

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: MediaMonkey for Android FAQ

Post by Peke »

What do you mean License not accepted??? if it worked with 4.0 it should work in 4.1. Contact me on PM or open new sales ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lantian

Post by lantian »

Do I need to delete the MediaMonkey folder on my phone between updates, or is just uninstalling the old MMA and installing the new apk enough?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's best to uninstall the App and delete the MediaMonkey folder(s) from internal and card memory (if card is used).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I just uninstall mm and run the 1tap cleaner to clear out files not removed with uninstall. Remember though flash memory DOES NOT need defragmented EVER. So dont was space with those apps calling themselves a defragmenter for android. All they are is a cleaning app and a client for spam adverts. Just use 1tap set up its timers and dont worry about junk any more.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
mcow

Post by mcow »

It's getting kind of annoying to have to rebuild the sync list every time there's a new release. Any chance of maintaining the settings on the Android and not creating a new device instance in MMW? Being able to install on top of an existing installation is pretty desirable now.
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Will Lifetime Gold members be charged additional fees for the wi-fi synch on Android?

rusty wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for the questions--I've answered all of them except for the one about the pricing model for MMA, since i want to commit on that. What I can say is that we'll do as we've always done with MMW: i.e. MMA will be a product that will compete well against any other products that are freely available, and any functionality that costs extra will not be functionality that isn't a critical requirement. e.g. you can expect that wi-fi sync will cost something.

-Rusty
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Makes sense. MMA is a different product from MMW, and wifi sync is a special feature.

Thanks for the info
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Can I trigger a USB synch from the tablet?

I connected the tablet to a PC via a USB cable, and then pressed MMA's Synch Now button. I was expecting that it would choose to use the USB connection for the synch, but the message in the android notification shade says that it is a WiFi transfer.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, it isn't possible to drive the USB communication from MMA, it must be handled by MMW. The only option might be to initiate the sync over wifi and MMW would tell MMA that it will continue over USB. Might probably be faster in some cases, but wifi would be needed anyway.

Jiri
patelz

Post by patelz »

Hi, I was looking forward to when Media Monkey would release to the android, thanks a lot for this. Was just wondering - the thing i love about media monkey the most is that that when you add ";" to separate the artist they are actually separated, rather than "will.i.am/danny" which all the other media players do, which makes searching much easier. i know its only beta but i was wondering if this will actually be added to the android app. again its a great media player :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Multi-artist support is already included in the app.
patelz

Post by patelz »

Mizery_Made wrote:Multi-artist support is already included in the app.
thanks for the reply. it doesn't seen to work on my phone.it keeps coming up together. for it to work do i need to sync from the media monkey player?
kjegou

Sync with Nexus S

Post by kjegou »

I am testing the Android MM as available on the Google Market on my Nexus S. Andoid version 4.2
I have installed Windows MM version 4.0.7

There a couple of issues, however i highly suspect that my MM server has not bee properly installed on the Windows side. My issues are:
1. After a USB connection, the phone shows up as "Google Nexus S" in the directory tree in windows MM. So i am "getting the impression it is connected ok. but in the MM device properties i am not getting the picture of the Nexus. IS THERE ANYTHING I HAVE TO DO SPECIFICALLY TO GET MY NEXUS recognised "more" than any Android device ?
2. I configure all parameters including which playlist i wish to sync with my windows MM and then launch the sync
3. I am getting the songs pushed on the phone during the sync BUT:
A. When i play the songs on the phone, the playcount is not updated when i sync back
B. The rating that i did on the windows MM does not show on the Phone MM, and, also, when i rate it directly on thephone it does not sync back in windows (so double problem here)
C. In a nutshell: Nothing is synced back on the MM windows when i manipulate the Phone MM.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should test with MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1 beta.
kjegou

Post by kjegou »

Lowlander wrote:You should test with MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1 beta.
i though the 4.0.7 was compatible with Android sync. Where is this said that only 4.1 beta is necessary for sync ?