MM can't see newly added folder

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

banquo

MM can't see newly added folder

Post by banquo »

I added a new folder to a location in my MM library. The new folder doesn't show up in the Media Tree under Location, even after running Add/Rescan Folders. The folder does show up, however, in the Add/Rescan Folders dialog box inside the expanded higher level folder. It's as if one part of MM sees the new folder and another part doesn't.

I'm stumped – how can I get the added folder to appear in the Media Tree under Location?
Sizzly

Re: MM can't see newly added folder

Post by Sizzly »

One possible idea: If you're auto organizing your media and MediaMonkey is relocating the files as soon as it finds stuff there that folder may never show up for longer than it takes MM to process the organization directives 'cause there aren't any files there once MM has moved 'em. Just a thought.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com
banquo

Post by banquo »

Sizzly wrote:One possible idea: If you're auto organizing your media and MediaMonkey is relocating the files as soon as it finds stuff there that folder may never show up for longer than it takes MM to process the organization directives 'cause there aren't any files there once MM has moved 'em. Just a thought.
Thanks for the suggestion, Rob, but I don't do any auto organization. I move all my files manually. (Within MM, dragging them from one Location folder to another.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It may be in a different Collection like Classical Music or Audiobooks instead of Music.
banquo

Post by banquo »

Lowlander wrote:It may be in a different Collection like Classical Music or Audiobooks instead of Music.
Looked there; it wasn't in either one. The only Media Tree node it appeared in was My Computer. But I dragged some files to it there, and voila -- after that, it suddenly appeared under Location. So for some reason the new folder that wasn't appearing under Location when it was empty became visible when files were copied to it.

My problem's resolved; thanks for the help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Folders are only shown in Library nodes (Music, Classical Music, etc.) if files in them have been scanned into the Library.
banquo

Post by banquo »

Lowlander wrote:Folders are only shown in Library nodes (Music, Classical Music, etc.) if files in them have been scanned into the Library.
Aha -- that was the issue! This initially posed a Catch-22 for me, though -- I wanted to move the files within MM so it would know I put them there, but I couldn't do that if it wouldn't show the empty folder. That's moot now that I know I can drag them into the My Computer tree. (Or just move them outside of MM, where it will find them when it scans the superordinate folder the next time I start MM via folder monitoring.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Or use Tools > Auto-Organize Files or right click Send To > Folder (Move).