Mediamonkey or iPhone/ipad

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

PhYrE

Mediamonkey or iPhone/ipad

Post by PhYrE »

An plans for an ipad or iPhone port?
nohitter151

Re: Mediamonkey or iPhone/ipad

Post by nohitter151 »

I doubt that very much. Most features (ratings, playcount sync, playlists) are already fully supported with the built in music app. Only thing really worth doing it for would be the wifi sync, but that is not allowed via the apple API.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PhYrE

Post by PhYrE »

nohitter151 wrote:I doubt that very much. Most features (ratings, playcount sync, playlists) are already fully supported with the built in music app. Only thing really worth doing it for would be the wifi sync, but that is not allowed via the apple API.
I don't think I understand. You're saying you can view your entire MM library via the built-in iPhone App across a Wifi LAN and play music on your phone?
This is ideally what I'm looking for with home sharing, but the DNLA apps are all terrible.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

PhYrE wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:I doubt that very much. Most features (ratings, playcount sync, playlists) are already fully supported with the built in music app. Only thing really worth doing it for would be the wifi sync, but that is not allowed via the apple API.
I don't think I understand. You're saying you can view your entire MM library via the built-in iPhone App across a Wifi LAN and play music on your phone?
This is ideally what I'm looking for with home sharing, but the DNLA apps are all terrible.
There are tons of DLNA apps for iOS. What have you tried? Good player works pretty well for me, but there's also:

PlugPlayer
ML Player
Browse UPnP
UPnPPeek
AirPlayer
media:connect (m-connect)

All tested and work fine with MM. see http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... .2FiPad.29
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.