Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.6 (2012-01-09)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Actually, you have selected a node without sub-nodes
All is not a sub-node??
Well, it is not for this add-on. Please read the Important section of the first post of this thread. By the way, I think that I already modified that behavior for the next version.
chrisjj wrote:I'm not clicking on an M3U node. I'm clicking on a folder of M3Us. As the screenshot showed - "Dance"
Sorry, but I still don't understand. What is "a folder of M3Us"? Your "Dance" folder contains actual media files beside of .m3u files, right? Or you want to say that your tracklist contains files with .m3u extension?

Anyway, I think that you are referring to my answer regarding to .m3u nodes, not to folders with .m3u files:
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:That has sense, but as I said I didn't try to export .m3u files displayed as folders in the tree. Did you try that?
I tried the same command on a folder of M3Us. No output.
By the way, do you have enabled MM option to display .m3u files as folders in the My Computer node? Do you know that such "folders" has different icon than regular disk folders?
chrisjj wrote:
nohitter151 wrote: It's right at the bottom of the 'General' section, "Export M3Us/Playlists". That's the options page for this addon.
Oh, good grief. It should at least have the correct name! :)
Well, the full script name is too long for that list, so I shortened its caption slightly :)

Since you have selected Export to parent folder option, I need to ask - did you try to find exported .m3u file in the parent folder? And since you have selected Exclude Unavailable files option, I need to ask - does your Dance folder contain media files that are already stored in the Library?

And again, since you don't have selected Export selected node too option - did you actually get the Selected node doesn't have any child node message box or not?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:Well, it is not for this add-on.
OK. Worth mentioning in docs.
ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry, but I still don't understand. What is "a folder of M3Us"? Your "Dance" folder contains actual media files beside of .m3u files, right?
Sorry Z - my mistake. I meant the "Playlists" folder not the "Dance" folder. corrected screenshot: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9906/72t.png
A folder of M3Us is a folder on HD containing M3U files. My Playlists folder is one such - contains no actual track files.
ZvezdanD wrote:By the way, do you have enabled MM option to display .m3u files as folders in the My Computer node? Do you know that such "folders" has different icon than regular disk folders?
I find no such option. I have "Show M3U playlists in My Computer nodes", enabled and I see the M3Us - as screenshot about confirms.
ZvezdanD wrote:Well, the full script name is too long for that list, so I shortened its caption slightly :)
Symapthies :) Could you at least not add the "Create"?
ZvezdanD wrote:Since you have selected Export to parent folder option, I need to ask - did you try to find exported .m3u file in the parent folder? And since you have selected Exclude Unavailable files option, I need to ask - does your Dance folder contain media files that are already stored in the Library? And again, since you don't have selected Export selected node too option - did you actually get the Selected node doesn't have any child node message box or not?
No M3Us found output to the parent folder. My Playlists folder's M3U's tracks are not in the library. I do not get the "doesn't have" dialog.
Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:A folder of M3Us is a folder on HD containing M3U files. My Playlists folder is one such - contains no actual track files.
I just checked the source code and found that I am deliberately skipping the .m3u nodes during the export with the Export M3Us for Child Nodes command, because they are not actual folders on a disk. The same is with "All" nodes - they are not actual folders stored on a disk. However, if you choose the Export As .m3u Playlist command, the selected .m3u node would be exported as any other regular node as long as its tracklist contains some media files.

I still think that such behavior is better, but I am open to suggestions. Maybe I could add one more option to the Options dialog box stating e.g. "Exclude .m3u nodes" or something like that. The main problem is because that dialog box is already overcrowded (the new version will have several new options in it) and I don't know where to put some new option. Maybe I should remove the "Exclude Files with ext.:" option to get some space since such excluding could be already done using MM collections or Magic Nodes filters and, besides, I added that option on my own without anybody asking for it.

If you want to check how the script exports the .m3u nodes using the Export M3Us for Child Nodes command, you should remove the lines 2459 and 2460 from the script (v3.6.1):

Code: Select all

Or oChlNodePls.NodeType = 74 _
                    And LCase(Right(oChlNodePls.Path, 3)) = "m3u" _
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:By the way, do you have enabled MM option to display .m3u files as folders in the My Computer node? Do you know that such "folders" has different icon than regular disk folders?
I find no such option. I have "Show M3U playlists in My Computer nodes", enabled and I see the M3Us
Yes, I meant on that option.
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Well, the full script name is too long for that list, so I shortened its caption slightly :)
Symapthies :) Could you at least not add the "Create"?
Actually, I already renamed it to "Export/Create Playlists" for the next version and removed M3U from the name since it will be possible to export playlists to several new formats as well.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

ZvezdanD wrote:
JayLaFunk wrote:
You should export folder(s) which contain(s) actual media files (.mp3, .ogg, .flac, ...), but not folder which contains .m3u files.
Ok, I must be getting confused I thought with the addon called "Export M3Us/Create playlists", I could export my M3U/playlists files/folders from my NAS drive to my Windows PC/Netbook machines, I use iPeng on my iPad to make my playlists up so I don't actually keep a folder with my actual MP3 files in a separate playlist folder, I thought I could just duplicate my playlists over to other machines with your addon, no problem, thanks for your help :) ...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:... I am deliberately skipping the .m3u nodes during the export with the Export M3Us for Child Nodes command, because they are not actual folders on a disk. The same is with "All" nodes - they are not actual folders stored on a disk.
I don't see how not being folders is any good reason for skipping.
ZvezdanD wrote:However, if you choose the Export As .m3u Playlist command, the selected .m3u node
This use is on a folder, not an M3U.
ZvezdanD wrote:I still think that such behavior is better, but I am open to suggestions. Maybe I could add one more option
I suggest the command should just do as it says on the selected item.
Chris
ZvezdanD

Re: Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-07)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new version of this add-on, v4.0 - 2013-07-07:
* Added: Export M3U Playlists from Child Nodes and Export M3U Playlists in Child Nodes to Same Folders commands to the menu which allow export of .m3u files from My Computer;
* Added: export to ASX and XSPF playlist files;
* Added: option to skip export of M3U nodes from My Computer branch;
* Added: option to skip export of "All" nodes from My Computer, Location and Magic Nodes (until now M3U and "All" nodes was skipped automatically);
* Added: option to store paths in playlist files using short DOS format (8.3);
* Added: several .ini keys for some options that are not represented with GUI: ExportOnStartupDelayMs, DontUseSQLForTracklist, PathsWithFullMNCaptions, AllNodesMode, SkipLastAllNodes, SkipAutoPlsSubNodes, UseLastExportM3UsDir, DontShowInfoBoxOnExportEnd, EventLoggerMode (please read the Additional INI keys section about them);
* Improved: much faster export using SQL for almost all nodes from Library (and collections in MM4) and Magic Nodes which doesn't need to refresh tracklist for each exported node (faster export of Magic nodes requires MN version 5.0 that is not released yet);
* Improved: faster creation of playlist files, especially larger ones containing too many tracks;
* Improved: updates of progress bar are now much smother;
* Fixed: export of playlist files in ANSI format with paths containing non-ANSI characters using short DOS format because of Logitech Media Server (LMS) bug regarding UTF-8 files.
sdb

Post by sdb »

I installed your latest version and I keep getting these errors.. the playlists are not being exported..

Error #500 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
Variable is undefined: 'oIniFile'
File: "C:\Users\{myuser}\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ExportM3UsForSubNodes.vbs", Line: 519, Column: 4

Error happened during script execution:
Variable is undefined: 'oIniFile'
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks for the report. There is the new release, v4.0.1 - 2013-07-10:
* Fixed: error on startup.
sdb

Post by sdb »

Thanks, the plugin loads now but when it tries to do the export I get this error:

Error #438 - Microsoft VBscript runtime error
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'oChlNodePls.Caption'
ExportM3UsForSubNodes.vbs, Line 3713, Column 8
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I am sorry, but I cannot reproduce that bug. Could you post which menu command did you choose and the screenshot with the settings from the Options box?
sdb

Post by sdb »

File => Export/Create Playlists => Options

Here are the settings I'm using: http://i.imgur.com/NHuLEgl.png

Specifically, I'm trying to do what's in this guide: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 65#p327165

The error occurs when I quit the program (which is when I have it set to export the playlists)

Hope this helps.. Thanks
ZvezdanD

Re: Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks again. There is the new release, v4.0.2 - 2013-07-10:
* Fixed: error when exporting playlists from the Playlists branch.
sdb

Post by sdb »

Works great, thanks!
Salem874

Post by Salem874 »

Looks like the link on your website to the latest version is broken
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks for the report. The download link is fixed now.