AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

hintergrundrauschen

Re: NEW! AutoRateAccurate 2.5 Beta 3 (13/01/2012) - for MM4

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

rovingcowboy wrote:Then set the numbers of plays you want before it gets that star rate

Where can I set the number of plays required to get some rating? Do you mean the "7" in the formula? :o Sorry for being slow-witted.
Claude
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Well I did it so long ago I'm not sure if that. Is the one or the 3 on the right,? Could also be farther to the right of the code?
Also set the amount of %'s to your wants.
The 7 In the code might be the number of days?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

hintergrundrauschen wrote:Where can I set the number of plays required to get some rating? Do you mean the "7" in the formula? :o Sorry for being slow-witted.
That's not possible in this version. Every song get's rated when it has been played once. But the rating will be adjusted over time. So it may be that a song get's four (or even five) stars after first playback but it will automatically be lowered over time, if you play more songs.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Big_Berny wrote:
hintergrundrauschen wrote:Where can I set the number of plays required to get some rating? Do you mean the "7" in the formula? :o Sorry for being slow-witted.
That's not possible in this version. Every song get's rated when it has been played once. But the rating will be adjusted over time. So it may be that a song get's four (or even five) stars after first playback but it will automatically be lowered over time, if you play more songs.
Ya done gone and changed that on me good thing I kept older version, I might have your version 1.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Big_Berny wrote:So it may be that a song get's four (or even five) stars after first playback but it will automatically be lowered over time, if you play more songs.
OK I guess that's the explanation. I have had "too few" songs rated 4-5 stars so the algorithm classified "not-that-bad" songs easily as high value until the balance shifts after playing more songs in the future.
Claude
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

Hello Big_Berny,

It is with heavy heart that I must thank you very much for helping me keep my song ratings up to snuff and providing me more time to complete my wife's Honey do list (as in, honey do this and honey do that... - She sometimes forgets to say honey). Any chance you will be updating this script to work with the new version of MM when it is released or will I be back in trouble with the wife as I resume my music obsession?
misplacedamerican

Hello,

Ignore the last, RTFM... I needed to start MediaMonkey as admin, install the AutoRateAccurate script, close the app. Restart MediaMonkey as normal (not admin) and everything seems to work

Is there a predefined formula that considers my first ratings prior to managing it going forward?
Under manual ratings settings, the choices are keep, keep if song can't be autorated or never keep, do any of these accept what was there prior to adjusting them as time goes on?

It would be a shame to start from scratch but equally I don't want it to blindly accept the previous ratings and never adjust them through autorate as time goes on.

Any advice?
ReynOfWords

Post by ReynOfWords »

misplacedamerican wrote:Hello,

Ignore the last, RTFM... I needed to start MediaMonkey as admin, install the AutoRateAccurate script, close the app. Restart MediaMonkey as normal (not admin) and everything seems to work

Is there a predefined formula that considers my first ratings prior to managing it going forward?
Under manual ratings settings, the choices are keep, keep if song can't be autorated or never keep, do any of these accept what was there prior to adjusting them as time goes on?

It would be a shame to start from scratch but equally I don't want it to blindly accept the previous ratings and never adjust them through autorate as time goes on.

Any advice?
I've been poking at a custom formula that would take a previous rating as a variable in order to weight the AutoRateAccurate rating, but failing due to having no real idea what I'm doing. I had hoped it would be something as simple as adding "Rating" as a variable in the formula somewhere, but that doesn't seem to be the case as the formula puts out the same score for a song previously rated 5 stars as it does for a song rated 1 star (using the "write scores to custom field" option to get the exact score). My guess would be that "Rating" isn't the proper name for the field I'm looking for, or the ARA script wipes the Rating field prior to performing it's calculation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, huge thanks to Big_Berny for the script! Finding it useful, and also fun to poke at.
misplacedamerican

ReynOfWords wrote:
I've been poking at a custom formula that would take a previous rating as a variable in order to weight the AutoRateAccurate rating, but failing due to having no real idea what I'm doing. I had hoped it would be something as simple as adding "Rating" as a variable in the formula somewhere, but that doesn't seem to be the case as the formula puts out the same score for a song previously rated 5 stars as it does for a song rated 1 star (using the "write scores to custom field" option to get the exact score). My guess would be that "Rating" isn't the proper name for the field I'm looking for, or the ARA script wipes the Rating field prior to performing it's calculation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, huge thanks to Big_Berny for the script! Finding it useful, and also fun to poke at.
Hello ReynOfWords,

Have you had any luck? I am overjoyed that there is an MMA to go with this and hope that over time the ratings will only improve however this would be a huge advantage as I can change the ratings on the fly as I am listening

Thanks,
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

I noticed that the file is no longer hosted, is there a way to get a copy of the version for MM4?
TankCR

AutoRateAccurate 2.5 for MM4

Post by TankCR »

It appears that hosting for BigBernie's files no longer exists, and AutoRate has always been one of my favorite scripts. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of 2.5 for MM4?
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
TankCR
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Hey all, talked to Big Bernie and the file is back up again!
TankCR
Big_Berny

Re: AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Post by Big_Berny »

Hey guys
Thanks to kristopher.roy an annoying bug on fresh setups could be fixed. New version 3.0 can be found here here.

Stay tuned for new features and optimizations! :)
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh wow version 3 ? i wonder do i try it with my xp or is it for win 7 and newer? will it work with mm 3 yet? 8)
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

actually I finally got my nick changed from kristopher.roy to TankCR, lol
TankCR