BubbleUPNP with MM and other questions

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

TV107

BubbleUPNP with MM and other questions

Post by TV107 »

I'm trying to access Mediamonkey and my playlists and library through BubbleUPNP on Android. However, it only works if Mediamonkey is open on my Windows PC Desktop. Is there anyway for BubbleUPNP to access mediamonkey if just the computer is on, and mediamonkey is closed. Any way for MM to somehow run in background in some fashion (not like minimized but some kind of background service) and provide full functionality just as if mediamonkey was open.

I'm not sure what the "Install Service" on the Media Sharing windows actually does but "installing" it is not a solution here.

Also, I access BubbleUPNP through port 58050 (default)

what does the server name for MediaMonkey Library and the corresponding port mean in the Media sharing window. Is there a way to access Mediamonkey directly on Android and REMOTELY without using BubbleUPNP?? (not talking about remotely changing mediamonkey songs on desktop but playing whatever I want on my smartphone from my MM library on my pc when I'm 50 miles from home).
nohitter151

Re: BubbleUPNP with MM and other questions

Post by nohitter151 »

TV107 wrote: Any way for MM to somehow run in background in some fashion (not like minimized but some kind of background service) and provide full functionality just as if mediamonkey was open.
Use the install service button like you found, then to manually start the service go to Task Manager -> Services tab -> [Services...] button -> MediaMonkeyService

As far as remotely... no, not with BubbleUpnp.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
TV107

Post by TV107 »

ok great i started the MM service with the task manager and it works....thanks

does the port MM uses matter?

i make sure 58050 is port forwarded open for BubbleUPNP with my router software

but is there any need or purpose of opening the MM port as well
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The port you choose in MediaMonkey doesn't matter (as long as it isn't used by anything else on your PC). Your PC Firewall will need to let MediaMonkey through and if you're doing things from outside the local network you'll need to let it through your router too.
TV107

Post by TV107 »

ok great....thanks for all the help

this is the best option until or If MM incorporates some sort of cloud functionality with synced MM library into its Android app directly

but i dont mind leaving my pc on to access my music remotely

damn the smartphone companies who are limiting SDHC cards to 32gb otherwise things would be so much easier
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

Another thing to know. BubbleUPNP will NOT access MM over the internet. When you tell it what the remote settings are through its settings, its looking for its own server application, which will act as a middle-man between your phone and MM for an internet request. You'll need to go to Bubblesoft's page and download the server app for windows. Set it up and open a port for that app in your firewall. Close the MM port in the firewall.