Move "Feat." Artists in Title to Artist Field

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

skywalka

Move "Feat." Artists in Title to Artist Field

Post by skywalka »

Hi guys,

Is there an automated way to take songname (Feat. artist2, artist3 & artist4)
and strip it to just the songname
but add to the artists field:
artist; artist2; artist3; artist4

Thanks for looking.
rovingcowboy

Re: Move "Feat." Artists in Title to Artist Field

Post by rovingcowboy »

The song properties will allow you to change the tags, it will do one song or multiple songs depending on how many you will have selected, if same information is going on several songs then put a check in the box to the right of the field tag, but dont put one in the title or all songs will be called by the same title. Then you use auto organizer it is found on the menu bar under tools,
just select songs you want changed in the list view area.
small groups at a time. Then go to the menu bar and to tools then click on auto organizer, it will show you the selected songs on right and where you want to move them to on left, use the text line on top to type in the path where you want them, make sure the path contains enough data so there is no red highlight color on left column of songs, red is bad. Use the tags configuration button to the right of the text line. Items between / marks will be folder names last item will be file name.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

:o

That's not very automated! Not sure if you were replying to my thread or another but thanks anyway.

I'd like a script or extension that will take a songname like
Bonnie and Clyde feat Beyonce
by Artist:
Jay-Z

and change it to
Bonnie and Clyde
by
Jay-Z; Beyonce
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

No such script that's why I explained how to do it.
you could ask in the wish list thread or pm an script author.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rovingcowboy wrote:No such script
Are you absolutely sure about it?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yes, the RegExp find & Replace script has a preset to do this already.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ZvezdanD wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:No such script
Are you absolutely sure about it?
well i was but i don't use that multi function script nohitter151 does and he mentioned it so i guess there is a script that can do what you described.
that's great. 8)
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

Thanx for the replies guys. I'm glad I asked.

That RegExp find & Replace looks incredible.
channelsteve

Post by channelsteve »

I'm going through those presets now and can't find one that does exactly that. I can see one that takes the "feat..." in the title and moves it into Artist, but not one that also replaces "feat..." with a semi-colon. I can't understand how the expressions are written, so don't know how to modify that one for my own purposes.
Anybody able to help out, please?

Thanks

Steve

PS - I noticed that I can run two scripts one after the other to do it. It's a workaround.
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

Try looking for my posts in the thread for the tool.
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

This is how I did it, using RegExp Find & Replace 5.0.2.100:
(Assuming your filenames mirror the Title tag)

Search on "[feat. "
Select a range
Ctrl+Q to Tag from Filename
Filename format "\<Artist> -<Title> [feat. <Custom 5>]"
Then RegExp "Add " - " followed by <From Field> to the end of <Into Field> (only if exists)..."
Into Artist From Custom 5
but alter the preset for "; " instead of " - "

There are a TON of presets, and one may do this in one click,
but I'm more comfortable modifying my files in two or three steps
until I *know* combining them won't break stuff.

What I *really* want now is a way to filter/search for multi-artist tracks...

YMMV,
-G
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ggibby wrote:What I *really* want now is a way to filter/search for multi-artist tracks...
Did you try search for Artist having ";"?

There is also the Magic node "Multi-item fields\Multi-item Artist".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2