Re-Naming Multiple CD's

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

scottywhu

Re-Naming Multiple CD's

Post by scottywhu »

Hi,

Need a bit of assistance on a very basic task, if anyone would be so kind.

I'm trying to 'tag' a compilation cd -- "Pete Tong collection".

I "auto-tag" from web to obtain the song names...however, I cant seem to find a way of listing the tracks from 1 to 60.

What I'd like to do is list them in this order...cd1, cd2, cd3....and then all the track names will correspond with the actual tracks. Unfortunately what is happening is that the autotag from web feature is listing them in track order....i.e track one, track one, track one, track two, track two, track two.....and so on.

Therefore the problem I'm having is that the autotag feature is naming the second track on the first track of disk two.......lol, hope that makes sense !!!

This has probably been covered in one of the extensive tutorials about, but hopefully someone will be able to explain this in very simple lamens terms so my tiny brain can handle it !!!

Many thanks for any help anyone can give

Thanks

Scott
nohitter151

Re: Re-Naming Multiple CD's

Post by nohitter151 »

The built-in auto-tag doesn't work well with multi-disc compilation sets. Try this addon instead:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... unesmonkey
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
scottywhu

Post by scottywhu »

cheers mate....will give it a try

Thanks fore help
scottywhu

Post by scottywhu »

still not having a lot of luck....the script doesn't seem to offer me much other than taking an extremely long time to search......I may be doing something wrong !!

I use the Itunes monkey option......but unfortunately all that the search produces is The Tribute to New Order ( New order being the first track on the first cd).

So unless anyone has any other ideas, I guess I'll just have to rename them manually.

Thanks

Scott
jc836

Post by jc836 »

You can also try MP3Tag
Retired Broadcast Recording Engineer
Oldies are our main Genre. YES-we listen to Country and a few others too!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Is this a commercially produced CD? Or some compilation that you burned yourself?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

When I have multiple CDs in a collection, such as "Have a Nice Decade" (a 7 disc collection of hits from the 70s), I rip each CD separately and tag it. If I have to I manually make an entry in the Disk Number field. Then all the tracks are numbered for that disc. Sometimes you just have to roll up your sleeves and do the work manually.