Duplicate tracks [#11481]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rivorson

Re: Duplicate tracks [#11481]

Post by rivorson »

On the plus side I can now replicate it on demand, at least for individual tracks, using the following steps.

1. Sync tracks to the device.
2. Play a track part way through and stop. I tested this with episodes of a podcast.
3. Sync again. The episode which has been part-played will be redownloaded and duplicated.

This could possibly be related to metadata changes or possibly specifically play count and/or bookmark position. MMA 185 would duplicate random tracks which had never been played or modified in any way so the problem is now more specific.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

rivorson wrote:It's still happening to me too, though my latest sync only duplicated one track where the previous version would usually duplicate several. I had removed all duplicates before upgrading to MMA 189.

I have submitted log MOFFUJ0WJR.
The duplicated track's title that was Vapors, right ?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Yes, it was Vapors. Sorry, I thought I had mentioned it in the log description.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Thank you all for these logs. It was really dependent on any metadata change (and some other conditions) in MMA. It will be fixed in next build.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I updated to MMA 189 over the weekend. Yesterday I renamed the database file (mmstore.db) such that MMA would be forced to recreate it. I have not performed an update with this version yet, but when MMA rebuilt the file list, it recreated the duplicate tracks again. I believe this is an MMA problem and not fixed yet. I don't want to delete my files and try syncing again unless that's the only option since it takes a while.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Next build meant the build after the current (189) build.

Hopefully we'll have it ready soon.

Thanks.

-Rusty
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Awesome, will confirm fix upon next update!
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I'm assuming this has been fixed with 202, but I'm not sure yet. How do I remove the duplicates that are already there? I removed the database and let MMA rebuild, but I still get all the duplicates. Am I expected to delete my library or will the duplicates be fixed by MMA?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If the duplicates are in the Android Media database it won't be fixed by removing the MMA one. You may have to clear your media and sync again to see this fix working.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Deleting all copies of the duplicated tracks and resyncing worked for me.

I haven't seen this issue in build 202 so it seems to be fixed.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Finding all duplicate tracks on MMA was too difficult for me, so I deleted the music and playlist directories as well as the database. MMA did not initially want to rescan, so I purged the cache and settings to force the issue. I was not able to download all files due to time constraints the other day, but there were no duplicates that I noticed today after a full sync. I don't know for sure what was causing the duplicates, so I won't know which tracks are duplicate now (presumably none if the code is fixed).

The only thing I would note is that when I performed the second sync, it appeared that MMA was deleting all tracks from the phone prior to syncing. It didn't give any details about what was being deleted, but it was running for long enough that it was likely all existing tracks. I suppose that's one way to guarantee no duplicates.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Is your media auto converted during sync? If so then the message saying it was deleting tracks is probably an issue that I reported recently in another thread. Basically when the connection is lost during a sync MMW continues converting tracks in the background. On the second sync MMA downloads the converted tracks but says "Deleting".
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

That is exactly the scenario. I did not stop the initial sync, I simply left for work. In doing so, I killed the WiFi connection and it gave a message saying "WiFi disabled" or similar. When I synced again after work, it started off with the sync and said deleting with no other info. I checked the files and it did not appear to actually delete anything (the file count was increasing, not decreasing).
rusty

Post by rusty »

bkenobi69, riverson,

To make sure I'm understanding correctly: Can you confirm that the issue of duplicate tracks is no longer occurring for you in the latest build (MMA214/MMW1685) ?

Thanks.

-Rusty
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Hi Rusty

I can confirm that I have not seen the issue in builds MMW1685 and MMA214. It seems to be resolved.