Synching iPod Classic

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

sallenson

Synching iPod Classic

Post by sallenson »

Hi,

I'm running build 4.1.01683 and have a problem synching playlists to my iPod Classic (150 Gb version). Issue only started today.

MM sees my iPod but when I check playlists and hit "synch" it says "preparing list of files" and gets no further. No abend. Just a constant loop. If I try to close MM it prompts me to terminate background processes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Synching iPod Classic

Post by Lowlander »

You should try to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) so that the developers can analyze why you see this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
bigbwb

Post by bigbwb »

I am having the same issue except I am trying to sync my iPhone 5S running the latest iOS7 along with the most recent MM Beta 4.1xxx.

Just an FYI
sallenson

Post by sallenson »

Just had an update to my ticket. Apparently there's a fix due in build 1686 which I guess will be in a few days' time.

Fingers crossed.

Stephen
sallenson

Post by sallenson »

Problem fixed in the latest candidate release 1686.

Many thanks
sallenson

Post by sallenson »

Well, problem nearly fixed.

What happens when I resynch the iPod is that all the files on the device are replaced (i.e. resynching does a complete copy of all files on all the playlists), not just the ones that have changed.

I've reopened the original ticket, but wondered if anyone else was having problems or had any suggestions.

It's not the end of the world atm since I only have around 900 tracks that synch across to the iPod, but it would be an issue of I filed the iPod to its 150Gb capacity.

Thanks

Stephen
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you use Auto-Sync to resync? It shouldn't copy the files again if they're already on the device (unless you started with new DB).