Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by thehammer »

one other thought is that my lyricator.vbs file is in the auto under my programs directory to. not sure where yours is, so it may be a path issue.

I can't promise anything but if I get time I'll see how a clean install would work.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

greengeek wrote:@thehammer
Thanks it worked great!

I had to copy the lyricator script folder out of my profile and into my program files for it to work, which I guess was something we had to do with the original. Only thing I notice now is that every time I run lyricator it pops up a popup window wanting me to save or open the loading image file. If i open or cancel it, the program continues and runs just fine.
The key probably lies in the following code in lyricator.vbs where things get setup relative to where the application path (sdb.ApplicationPath) is. It may take a fresh install to truly clean it all up if lyricator wasn't initially installed into Program Files. For me sdb.ApplicationPath (where MediaMonkey is installed) is C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\. You might be able to tweak these path vars in lyricator.vbs to work where you had it before.

Code: Select all

Dim sPath : sPath = sdb.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\Auto\lyricator.vbs"
    'Dim sHTML : sHTML = sdb.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\Lyricator\temp.html"
    Dim sHTML : sHTML = sdb.TemporaryFolder & "Lyricator.htm"
    'Dim sAppPath: sAppPath = Replace(Mid(sdb.ApplicationPath,3) & "Scripts\Lyricator\", "\", "\\")
    'Dim sAppPath: sAppPath = Mid(sdb.ApplicationPath,3) & "Scripts\Lyricator\"
    Dim sAppPath: sAppPath = sdb.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\Lyricator\"
    Dim sLyrMOO : sLyrMOO = sAppPath & "moo.js"
    Dim sLyrJS : sLyrJS = sAppPath & "lyricator.js"
    Dim sLyrCSS : sLyrCSS = sAppPath & "lyricator.css"
    Dim sLoad : sLoad = sAppPath & "loading.gif"
    Dim sLOG : sLOG = sdb.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\Lyricator\" & "Lyricator.log"
ImageSpoon!
v-ron

Post by v-ron »

@thehammer

I replaced the codes you posted into the vbs, js, and css files using Notepad, but I am getting this error:

How can I fix this? I'm pretty clueless with this stuff... :roll:
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

v-ron wrote:@thehammer

I replaced the codes you posted into the vbs, js, and css files using Notepad, but I am getting this error:

Are you on Windows 7 64bit? It looks like it is trying to create a log file, but the application doesn't have permissions to do so. You could run MediaMonkey as Administrator to temporarily fix that issue. I have seen when doing this that MediaMonkey had issues seeing my music that was on my network drive. You could try it once and see if all goes well. I am going to try to put some time aside this weekend to get on one of my other PCs and trying doing a fresh install of MediaMonkey and lyricator and see where everything wants to go and what the latest version looks like prior to my changes. Then I will see what I would have to need to merge to make things happy. I fear that lyricator has gone through so many changes over the times that other people took it over that I may need to figure out how to package it up as a fresh install.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

greengeek wrote:@thehammer
Thanks it worked great!

I had to copy the lyricator script folder out of my profile and into my program files for it to work, which I guess was something we had to do with the original. Only thing I notice now is that every time I run lyricator it pops up a popup window wanting me to save or open the loading image file. If i open or cancel it, the program continues and runs just fine.
I have just finished a fresh install of MediaMonkey and lyricator from the latest download posted here and found that some differences my come when you install for just one user vs all. I installed for all. That is why you had to copy to your Programs Files. That may be making the difference for the loading image file as well.

I plan on trying to merge my changes into the latest install file and see if things work better... hopefully this weekend.
ImageSpoon!
v-ron

Post by v-ron »

thehammer wrote:

Are you on Windows 7 64bit? It looks like it is trying to create a log file, but the application doesn't have permissions to do so. You could run MediaMonkey as Administrator to temporarily fix that issue. I have seen when doing this that MediaMonkey had issues seeing my music that was on my network drive. You could try it once and see if all goes well. I am going to try to put some time aside this weekend to get on one of my other PCs and trying doing a fresh install of MediaMonkey and lyricator and see where everything wants to go and what the latest version looks like prior to my changes. Then I will see what I would have to need to merge to make things happy. I fear that lyricator has gone through so many changes over the times that other people took it over that I may need to figure out how to package it up as a fresh install.
Running MM as administrator did the trick. Lyricator worked fine for me without running as administrator before I replaced the codes, so I suppose a fresh install with the new codes might solve this issue?

Thanks for your help! You're doing great work here.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

v-ron wrote:
thehammer wrote:

Running MM as administrator did the trick. Lyricator worked fine for me without running as administrator before I replaced the codes, so I suppose a fresh install with the new codes might solve this issue?

Thanks for your help! You're doing great work here.
Glad I could help. I am almost done merging things and did notice that the last script update was putting that log into a directory that probably doesn't need administrator privileges, so your issue will probably be resolved. Also, I am going to try to package all of this in a new lyricator.mmip and host somewhere so it will update everything where people already have it installed (crossing fingers).
ImageSpoon!
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

thehammer wrote: Also, I am going to try to package all of this in a new lyricator.mmip and host somewhere so it will update everything where people already have it installed (crossing fingers).

Man, this would make my day!
MM Gold since 2006
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

I did a lot of testing with a fresh install of the latest MediaMonkey on Win7 64Bit and I don't think anyone with this setup will have issues with this now. It is no longer required to install as administrator, MediaMonkey does not have to run as administrator, and as far as I can tell as long as you don't try to install the plugin with the "Install for the current user..." box unchecked all is well! I even tested installing by unckecking that box and though I had to get through a bunch of error popups, it still worked (it throws a bunch when you try to uninstall it after and I don't believe your lyricator settings will save though). So, best to stick with leaving the checkbox checked.

I would recommend uninstalling any previous versions of lyricator and install this one after a restart of MediaMonkey, but if you want to try installing over an existing version feel free to try and report your results.

If anyone with older versions of MediaMonkey or different versions of Windows can test and let me know how it works, that would be great.

Here is the link to the latest (1.1.1.34):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/164 ... cator.mmip
ImageSpoon!
v-ron

Post by v-ron »

thehammer wrote:I did a lot of testing with a fresh install of the latest MediaMonkey on Win7 64Bit and I don't think anyone with this setup will have issues with this now. It is no longer required to install as administrator, MediaMonkey does not have to run as administrator, and as far as I can tell as long as you don't try to install the plugin with the "Install for the current user..." box unchecked all is well! I even tested installing by unckecking that box and though I had to get through a bunch of error popups, it still worked (it throws a bunch when you try to uninstall it after and I don't believe your lyricator settings will save though). So, best to stick with leaving the checkbox checked.

I would recommend uninstalling any previous versions of lyricator and install this one after a restart of MediaMonkey, but if you want to try installing over an existing version feel free to try and report your results.

If anyone with older versions of MediaMonkey or different versions of Windows can test and let me know how it works, that would be great.

That was fast! I've tried installing it with the "Install for the current user..." box checked and unchecked, and both ways seem to work fine. I do get two error popups when it's unchecked, but after a restart Lyricator works just fine. There is one strange thing happening when I installed with the box checked. When I run Lyricator, this pops up briefly:

And then it looks like this:

The only way I can get it to work is to leave the Lyricator window open, and run Lyricator again. Not sure why that is happening but it's not a big deal.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

v-ron wrote:
thehammer wrote:I did a lot of testing with a fresh install of the latest MediaMonkey on Win7 64Bit and I don't think anyone with this setup will have issues with this now. It is no longer required to install as administrator, MediaMonkey does not have to run as administrator, and as far as I can tell as long as you don't try to install the plugin with the "Install for the current user..." box unchecked all is well! I even tested installing by unckecking that box and though I had to get through a bunch of error popups, it still worked (it throws a bunch when you try to uninstall it after and I don't believe your lyricator settings will save though). So, best to stick with leaving the checkbox checked.

That was fast! I've tried installing it with the "Install for the current user..." box checked and unchecked, and both ways seem to work fine. I do get two error popups when it's unchecked, but after a restart Lyricator works just fine. There is one strange thing happening when I installed with the box checked. When I run Lyricator, this pops up briefly:

And then it looks like this:

The only way I can get it to work is to leave the Lyricator window open, and run Lyricator again. Not sure why that is happening but it's not a big deal.
This is telling me that either it didn't install as expected, or that there is a prior version conflict of some sort. Did you uninstall lyricator? Could you try and uninstall and make sure that there are not lyricator files in the Scripts/Auto directories under Users/<your user>/appData/roaming/MediaMonkey and Program Files/MediaMonkey and there are no lyricator directories in Scripts at both locations. Then try the install from the file in the link again. Also, please let me know what version of Window and if 32 or 64 bit and what version of MediaMonkey.

Also, was MediaMonkey installed as Portable or regular install?
ImageSpoon!
v-ron

Post by v-ron »

thehammer wrote:This is telling me that either it didn't install as expected, or that there is a prior version conflict of some sort. Did you uninstall lyricator? Could you try and uninstall and make sure that there are not lyricator files in the Scripts/Auto directories under Users/<your user>/appData/roaming/MediaMonkey and Program Files/MediaMonkey and there are no lyricator directories in Scripts at both locations. Then try the install from the file in the link again. Also, please let me know what version of Window and if 32 or 64 bit and what version of MediaMonkey.

Also, was MediaMonkey installed as Portable or regular install?
I've uninstalled and cleared out all Lyricator files and folders, still the same issue when I install with the "Install for the current user..." box checked. When I install it unchecked there is no issue. I am using Windows 7 64bit and MediaMonkey version 4.0.7.1511. It was a regular install.
v-ron

Post by v-ron »

Seems like it fixed itself. I had to uninstall all extensions and scripts I had in MediaMonkey and reinstalled. Works perfectly now. Thanks again!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

PLUGIN MAINTAINING AND HAS BEEN MOVED TO THIS TOPIC AND PLUGIN DOWNLOAD HERE
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts