2 songs do not stream all others do.

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Mitch470

2 songs do not stream all others do.

Post by Mitch470 »

I have about 1,000 songs in mp3 format within MediaMonkey (lifetime gold edition) version 4.0.7.1511. I use MS Windows 8.1 and the latest version of Windows Media Player. I can stream all the songs but 2 to my 6 Grace Internet Radios via a WiFi Network using an ATT Residential Gateway.

I purchased 4 songs rom Amazon this year and have all 4 in a Play List in MediaMonkey and in Windows Media Player labeled "2014 Song Additions" in both. For some reason, at first only 1 would stream. Then the second started to stream a day later.

However, 2 of those songs will not stream. They both play fine in MM and WMP. I have them in other playlists as well but even there those 2 songs will not stream. They also play fine on my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX.

Does anyone have ideas on what is wrong?
Cheers,

Mitch
dtsig

Re: 2 songs do not stream all others do.

Post by dtsig »

Although this may not fix your problem, IF you are on win8 I would strongly suggest trying the newest beta. My understanding is there are a lot of enhancement/fixes with the way MMW works with windows 8
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have any Auto-Conversion applied to those files?
Mitch470

Post by Mitch470 »

Lowlander wrote:Do you have any Auto-Conversion applied to those files?
What is Auto-Conversion? The 2 song files were treated like all the rest. They download via Amazon Cloud Player. Then I add my star rating with Media Monkey Then I add them to playlists in Media Monkey and Windows Media Player. There was a third song file which didn't stream the first day. Then on the second day it streamed fine.

Its just 2 out of 1000 song files which cannot stream via WiFi to my Grace Internet Radios.
Cheers,

Mitch
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In Tools > Options > Media Servers you can configure the server. In the configuration you can set Auto-Conversion options (Gold feature) which will convert the files before streaming to a client. This could be enabled and causing conversion problems. Otherwise it is likely the client that has trouble with the files (in which case Auto-Conversion may be able to stream them).
Mitch470

Post by Mitch470 »

I notice that I do NOT have MM Media Sharing checked off. I also do not show Add Shares in that pane. I am sharing with Windows Media Player. Why would that setup only affect 2 out of my 1,000 songs?

If I enabled Media Sharing in MM, would that clash with the WMP sharing?

Is it possible that the Metadata or file name sof those 2 songs is defective in some way. If so, where should I look using MM to change the particular Metadata fields?
Cheers,

Mitch
Mitch470

Post by Mitch470 »

I do notice that under MM Media Sharing I have Maximum cache size checked off with 5,000 Mb. Should I uncheck that or change its number? Maybe those 2 songs need a higher number.
Cheers,

Mitch
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Mitch470 wrote:I notice that I do NOT have MM Media Sharing checked off. I also do not show Add Shares in that pane. I am sharing with Windows Media Player. Why would that setup only affect 2 out of my 1,000 songs?

If I enabled Media Sharing in MM, would that clash with the WMP sharing?

Is it possible that the Metadata or file name sof those 2 songs is defective in some way. If so, where should I look using MM to change the particular Metadata fields?
If you are sharing with WMP then why do you think MM is causing the problem?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Mitch470 wrote:I do notice that under MM Media Sharing I have Maximum cache size checked off with 5,000 Mb. Should I uncheck that or change its number? Maybe those 2 songs need a higher number.
No. You said you are sharing with WMP anyway, this setting wouldn't affect you at all.

Even if you shared with MM it would not affect anything because you do not use auto-conversion. And even if you did use auto-conversion, 5000 MB would be more than enough. I doubt your tracks are larger than 5000 MB individually.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
John R Leddy

Post by John R Leddy »

Mitch470 wrote:I have about 1,000 songs in mp3 format within MediaMonkey (lifetime gold edition) version 4.0.7.1511. I use MS Windows 8.1 and the latest version of Windows Media Player. I can stream all the songs but 2 to my 6 Grace Internet Radios via a WiFi Network using an ATT Residential Gateway.

I purchased 4 songs rom Amazon this year and have all 4 in a Play List in MediaMonkey and in Windows Media Player labeled "2014 Song Additions" in both. For some reason, at first only 1 would stream. Then the second started to stream a day later.

However, 2 of those songs will not stream. They both play fine in MM and WMP. I have them in other playlists as well but even there those 2 songs will not stream. They also play fine on my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX.

Does anyone have ideas on what is wrong?
Mitch,

I used to own a Pioneer N-50 network audio player which would take the huff with tracks having an embedded image greater than 1MB in size. Not only did it refuse to play the track, but also stalled and then automatically rebooted itself. The relevant tracks would play correctly on computers. Even though I no longer own this player/renderer I still habitually make sure my album covers are under 1MB in size.

I do not use MP3 or wireless connectivity, but when experiencing similar problems with FLAC files I head straight to the file's metadata via Mp3tag, and nine out of ten times I am able to cure the problem. Have you tried making copies of your tracks, deleting extraneous metadata, and seeing if they will then stream to your Grace players?

As daft as it may sound, I have previously converted current FLAC files to FLAC for a second time within Winamp to circumvent issues as well. It would appear this encoding functionality within MediaMonkey must to be paid for. Maybe you know how to do this already, but here goes anyway. Within MediaMonkey, right-click on track > Send to... > Folder (Rip/Convert) > Convert to > Convert Files box, including Destination, Format, and Settings > OK button.

Hope this helps.

John.
Mitch470

Post by Mitch470 »

Problem solved !

I upgraded to MM Gold 4.1.0.1692 and it now streams ALL my MP3 songs purchased from Amazon regardless of which year I purchased them. For some reason Windows Media Player won't stream about half of my 2014 purchases although I can play them on my PC with WMP. I had no problems with songs purchased in 2013 or earlier.

However, MM can stream them all to my 6 Grace GDI-IRC6000 internet radios.

I've also noticed that those radios need a power reset on a random basis to recognize the WMP server. Those radios ALWAYS recognize the MM server without any resets.
Cheers,

Mitch
Peke

Post by Peke »

That is great news for MMW the final result is 6:0 for MediaMonkey.

Thank you for feedback.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Bill

Post by Bill »

I have a similar problem. I am using MM version 4.1.0.1692. I have a very large music library. All of my music files will play when using MM Player. However, a large number of these files will not play when using UPnP/DLNA Renderer using WD TV Live. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Bill
Desktop/Win7/Router: WRT 1900 ACS. LINKSYS Media Player: Sony Blu-ray DVD BDP-S5100 /MM4/AV Sound System
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check Auto-Conversion options in the Media Server and check what formats the client supports. Clients will only play supported formats and this can be tricky to decipher (it may play MP3, but only CBR, etc.).
Bill

Post by Bill »

I may not have described my problem clearly enough. All the music files on my PC are flac. When I say that some of the files will not play, I do not mean MM is streaming them and I do not hear any sound. I mean that when one of these files is selected for play, nothing happens. Everything about the file is filled in at the bottom: title, artist, etc. It's just that nothing happens. Hope this better explains the problem.
Desktop/Win7/Router: WRT 1900 ACS. LINKSYS Media Player: Sony Blu-ray DVD BDP-S5100 /MM4/AV Sound System