Truncated lyrics on iPod Classic after sync

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

sallenson

Truncated lyrics on iPod Classic after sync

Post by sallenson »

I'm using MM build 1689 and have a 150Gb iPod Classic.

Synchronisation is working fine in both directions. No errors are being thrown up.

In MM I can see full track lyrics in the Now Playing window.

But on the iPod lyrics are truncating to about 200 characters. (I guess. I haven't counted.)

I've optimised the database, run a device rebuild on the iPod, cleared down the iPod.

Only thing that has changed recently is that I've applied Analyse Volume to the tracks to be synced to take advantage of sound check.

I know this has cropped up a few times in the past, but wondered if anyone else was currently having issues and whether there's something obvious I should be doing but haven't.

(I tried clearing out the values in the Track Volume field and resyncing but that made no difference. I still have the truncation problem.)

Thanks

Stephen
Lowlander

Re: Truncated lyrics on iPod Classic after sync

Post by Lowlander »

Is this for files synced by build 1689 or could they have been synced with previous versions of MediaMonkey?

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5995
sallenson

Post by sallenson »

All with 1689.

I've also tried doing a restore of the iPod and starting from scratch. Same issue.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I don't have exactly your ipod model to test, but I tested on similar Apple's devices and I haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Could you please generate debug log (item 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 ), the best would be if you could sync only a single track to improve readability of the debug log, thank you.