Bluetooth Info on Car Radio [#11886]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Gazz

Bluetooth Info on Car Radio [#11886]

Post by Gazz »

Technical info: Phone - Android 2.3.7, Head Unit - JVC KD-R741BT

Having a minor issue with playing tracks via Bluetooth to my car radio.

I can connect the phone to the head unit without issue and play music via Media Monkey to the head unit but I do not get any information about the currently playing song the head unit simply says "Stop". If I use the built in media player on the phone to play music via Bluetooth the track information is displayed correctly on the head unit. Also for info if I connect my phone to my Pebble and play music via Media Monkey the Pebble will display the current track information. It seems Media Monkey is transmitting this info via Bluetooth but for whatever reason the head unit can not display it but with the built in media player it can.

Anything I can test or send logs for to get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Gareth.
Gazz

Re: Bluetooth Info on Car Radio

Post by Gazz »

Just a bit of further info. Tried playing via Bluetooth using PowerAmp and this displayed the tracks on the head unit. If it helps the Bluetooth version on the head unit it says "0300"

Cheers,

Gareth.
mcow

Post by mcow »

That feature is part of the Bluetooth implementation on the device. Your old device just doesn't support it.
Gazz

Post by Gazz »

Thanks for the reply, which "device" are you referring to when you say it doesn't support the feature? Also if the "device" doesn't support it why does it work fine with other applications...

Gareth.
bazli

Post by bazli »

Hi I'm a long term supporter of mediamonkey from PC:)
I'm facing the same problem on Galaxy S4. Information plays correctly using other music players but doesn't on Mediamonkey. Please fix. I think it was actually working fine 1-2 months back.
Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

bazli,

Can you confirm which device isn't displaying data from MMA ?

Thanks.

-Rusty
TeriHenderson

Post by TeriHenderson »

I can confirm that on a Sony DSXS310BTX - the initial track will display while playing an album but will not change when tracks advance as does on pandora over bluetooth. This is using a Galaxy Note 3 as the host device.

Post by Guest »

Confirmed not working on S4, as reported previously on Play store.
Kinspappy

Post by Kinspappy »

Works for me using my S4 with my stock stereo in my Jetta Sportwagen. Tracks/Artists/Albums display correctly, but the time played and left on the song playing doesn't do anything. My S4 is rooted and using KOT49H【4.4.2】Google Edition as my ROM. I am also using Version 1.0.4.0224 of MediaMonkey Pro (Beta) and MediaMonkey Gold Version 4.1.0.1691(Portable Mode) on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Kinspappy
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

There are two properties in options which must be set as is described below for BT metadata to work properly.

For Android >= 4.0 and < 4.2
"Hide the default Android lock screen player" - must be Disabled
"Remote controls"- must be Enabled

For Android >=4.2
"Show the default Android lock screen player"- must be Enabled
"Remote controls"- must be Enabled

Can you confirm whether the issues occur if these settings configured appropriately?

Thanks.
rodion

Post by rodion »

Hello,

I can confirm what Kinspappy wrote, with my Car Radio from Volkswagen RNS315.
Kinspappy wrote:Tracks/Artists/Albums display correctly, but the time played and left on the song playing doesn't do anything.
I've tested it with MMA 0228 and the Settings are correct as shown in the post above. My Device is a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 on Stock.
Playing with the Stock Android "Play Music" ist fine and also shows the time played an left.

Greets...
rusty

Post by rusty »

Kinspappy & Rodion,

Re. time played/remaining--thanks. Can you confirm that this information _does_ display when other players are used on the same device?

Thanks.

-Rusty
rodion

Post by rodion »

Hello,
Wrote it already. If I use the play music app from Google, the remaining time is showing right on the car radio.
rodion wrote:Playing with the Stock Android "Play Music" ist fine and also shows the time played an left.
rodion

Post by rodion »

Here are two photo from the Car Radio.

First playing music with the "Play Music" App from google.

Second with MediaMonkey. This song played already for 50 seconds... so the time on the bottom left should be "00:50", but is "00:00"

If you have more questions... I have time :-)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Sorry--must have missed that. Thanks!

Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11886

-Rusty