MediaMonkey for Android FAQ

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey for Android FAQ

Post by Lowlander »

commando wrote:Edit 1 - this wiki entry is fairly helpful. Basically you go into tools, options, portable device sync, and dig around in there to choose what to sync. It'd be much nicer if that was somehow integrated with the main user interface. For example right click on a song, album, or artist, choose sync with, then choose the device you want it to sync with. That would be much easier, more intuitive, and nicer.
For USB sync you can do it from any file list with right click, Send To while the device is connected. However for Auto-Sync which is used for wifi and can be used for USB you'll need to set it up in the Device Profile or in MMA Sync Settings for wifi sync (however it's easier in the Device Profile in MMW).
commando

Post by commando »

Lowlander wrote:
commando wrote:Edit 1 - this wiki entry is fairly helpful. Basically you go into tools, options, portable device sync, and dig around in there to choose what to sync. It'd be much nicer if that was somehow integrated with the main user interface. For example right click on a song, album, or artist, choose sync with, then choose the device you want it to sync with. That would be much easier, more intuitive, and nicer.
For USB sync you can do it from any file list with right click, Send To while the device is connected. However for Auto-Sync which is used for wifi and can be used for USB you'll need to set it up in the Device Profile or in MMA Sync Settings for wifi sync (however it's easier in the Device Profile in MMW).
USB sync doesn't seem to be easily possible with the Samsung Galaxy S4. When you plug it into the computer it doesn't appear as a drive letter, which I think is a requirement to manage the music.

Edit - I got my external SD card to show up on my rooted S4 using this app. More info here.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You don't need it to show up as drive letter (many devices won't). Open MediaMonkey, connect your device and check under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync in MMW. Your device should be listed. If it isn't repeat the same process, but this time capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support for troubleshooting: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=21&t=341
toyzrme

Internal vs. External Storage

Post by toyzrme »

Can you add some information on using both Internal and External storage?

) Is it even possible?
I see 2 nodes in the options for Sync Location/Settings (1 for Internal, 1 for External): each one seems to have separate settings
) BUT, there is only ONE place to choose Download Location (under UPNP in Options)

So, which is it? How do these 3 settings interact? Can I use Internal *and* external, as long as I choose different sync lists? Where do they both go, given the single "Download Location" you provide?

My goal would be to use as much free memory as is reasonable, across ALL storage. I have 32GB in my phone, and another 64GB on an microSD card.

Rather than choosing separate locations for internal vs external, it would be even better if you treated them as one: let me choose the maximum of each storage location to use (either by percentage, or GB, or leaving XYZ free), which is primary, and then download until one is "full", then switch to the "secondary" - or out of items on the sync list(s).

Thanks - getting very usable, and performance over WiFi MUCH better than earlier versions (I'm getting 8Mbps on an S4).
------
PS After playing with it some more, I see it will sync to both internal and external, but it just puts things in the "Music" directory on each storage device, and ignores the "Download Location" setting - unless that is for something else?
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The UPnP download setting has nothing to do with syncing. This setting has to do when you to choose to manually download files from a UPnP server. When syncing you'll have to setup 2 Device Profiles and where files are synced to on the device is set in the Device Profile in MMW. You can only sync to the memories separately.
Fabulatic

Post by Fabulatic »

Fabulatic wrote:Will there be a remote control in MMA? This would be awesome since I can't find a proper remote..
Is it the wrong forum or anything else? An answer to this would be nice. I just think it would be a great feature to control MMW with MMA. It would also fit very nice into the main menu of the app. :) I'd use it all the time.
Crack

Post by Crack »

A few observations on MMA interface after using it for a while:

1. When browsing music (albums, genres etc.) the next screen slides in from right to left. I found myself trying to swipe my finger left to right to go back one step - it would be nice if MMA recognized that gesture. Right now I have to touch "back" or the icon in top left corner.

2. Sometimes I make an ad-hoc playlist by adding some songs to play queue. A few times I accidentally cleared my queue by touching "play now" instead of "enqueue" icon. Would it be possible to detect such situations (when queue consists of something more than just one genre/category/playlist) and show a warning, or make it an option?
jamisles02

Post by jamisles02 »

One issue I have is when I plug my Samasung Galaxy S4 into the car dock, the audio from MediaMonkey doesn't play from either the dock or from the built-in speaker once I unplug it. Anyone else have this problem & maybe a solution? It forced me to use the default music player on the phone when in I have it plugged into my car.
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

When do you anticipate the release of MMA for purchase? Also - when it's ready, would appreciate it if you could offer it for sale through AMAZON!!!!
Last edited by nohitter151 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: I didn't edit this post, but I deleted your "BUMP!!" post. There is no need to bump this thread. It is a sticky thread and always at the top of the forum
svensktoppen

Post by svensktoppen »

Will MM for Android be able to work as a "remote", to control MM on a PC via WiFi? Like the nice and very handy MMRemote by Erlend Dahl?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, not at the moment at least.
Aff

Post by Aff »

rusty wrote:(...)
What does bi-di synchronization do?
It causes tracks from defined directories on the device to be kept synchronized with MMW. Metadata and playcounts for any track on either sync list are synchronized regardless of whether this is enabled.

Does it matter whether I configure my device for USB or MTP mode?
It's irrevelant to Wi-Fi synchronization, but still relevant to wired (USB) synchronization

Can I initiate a USB sync from the Android device?
No.
I'd like to do a bi-directional auto-sync via USB instead of WiFi.
I understood that it is possible, isn't it? How exactly do I have to do this?
My first try didn't work. No metadata was synced back from my Android to MMW. First I did an inital auto-sync, then rated a song in MMA, then a second auto-sync. I used USBMass1.dll.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is likely only possible with d_WMDM.dll and only if you have MediaMonkey 4.1.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Thanks a lot, seems to work with d_WMDM.dll.
KPS

Post by KPS »

Hi, been using MediaMonkey now on and off for a few years but with MMA out there now, I'm thinking of using both Windows and Android platforms fulltime. Before I jump in fully, a few questions that you may be able to assist me with. I've searched and not been able to find anything yet to assist me with my issues.

I've been using MMW now for a month and feel I have everything running great all over the house on multiple devices. First, MMW is on a 64bit computer running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. MMW version is 4.1.0.1692. MMA version is 1.0.4.0230. MMA is running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Samsung Galaxy S4. I also have MMW Server streaming wirelessly to 1 TV and to 1 Blu-Ray player. I also have it running on a 2nd TV as a wired ethernet. Lastly, I'm trying MMA with my S4 as my streaming media player in my Ford with MySync. All devices have the latest software versions loaded.

First issue is, I have not had any problem sync'g the 4 Android devices either while plugged into the computer or via wifi. Playlists update automatically and I can search MMW directly from MMA if I want to via Folders. Since the orginal setting up and subsequent syncs, I've added a few new playlists. When using UPnP and selecting either MediaMonkey Library or Server, the Note and the S4 and all the TVs see the new playlists. The Tab and the S3 though cannot see them and nothing I have done has been able to have the Tab and S3 be able to see the new playlists including full uninstall/installs on both devices. I tried via wired or wifi sync and nothing. In Media Servers options, I have checkmarked the new playlists as evidenced by the other devices being able to see the new playlists. Any thoughts?

Second issue is my ethernet wired TV (Samsung), it has no problem seeing the Mediamonkey Server and Mediamonkey library. I can use playlists or navigate using folders. Files play after selecting them but only play for a short time and then stop playing and the system loses connection as the TV senses there is no connection. My other system plays perfectly over the same LAN with the difference it is wireless. Sorry if this is not a Android specific question.

Third issue, small one. With the Ford MySync, the stock media player on the S4 worked great bluetooth streaming to the MySync. MMA on the S4 works also except song title will only display the first song in the playlist and stay there while other songs play. If you pause the radio and then start again on subsequent songs, the correct song title will come up. Skip forward or skip back do not change the song display, only pausing it or exiting bluetooth streaming all together and coming back in again. Stock media player did not have this issue.

Any assistance or help you can provide on these issues would be great and I look forward to your response