Windows 8 File Explorer Not Displaying Artwork

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Windows 8 File Explorer Not Displaying Artwork

Post by nohitter151 »

Also check Windows explorer > Folder options > "View" tab, make sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" not checked
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Mr.Skratch

Post by Mr.Skratch »

nohitter151 wrote:Also check Windows explorer > Folder options > "View" tab, make sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" not checked
Yeah I did check to make sure it wasn't checked and it made no difference. So I'm currently doing a clean reinstalled of Windows 8 so hopefully it will fix the issue, fingers crossed.
pushpull

Post by pushpull »

If you haven't gone ahead with the reinstall yet you might want to check out this first. Maybe this setting is not where it needs to be.
pushpull

Post by pushpull »

Mr.Skratch

Post by Mr.Skratch »

Thanks pushpull, I went ahead with the clean install of windows 8 last night so I will spend tomorrow uninstalling the bloatware and reinstalling my programs and files. Hopefully the reinstall has fix my issue if not I will try the 2 links you have posted 8)
Mr.Skratch

Post by Mr.Skratch »

Ok so I did a clean reinstall of Windows 8, removed the bloatware and did all the available windows updates. Then reinstalled MM 4.1 untagged my all previous artwork and retagged it and it's made no difference. Also tried the 2 links that pushpull kindly replied with and no luck there. Going to upgrade to 8.1 and see if that fixes my issue.
Mr.Skratch

Post by Mr.Skratch »

Just finished upgrading to Windows 8.1 and it now shows my artwork!!! :D :D :D :D
Now I've got got to get use the the new layout in file explorer :evil:

Thanks Nohitter and Pushpull for all you help and advice much appreciated 8)
pushpull

Post by pushpull »

Glad to hear you got things back in order. Are going to use Classicshell again? I am still at Win7 but started to use Classicshell because of the annoyances with Explorer. Anyways, glad to help. Wish we could have gotten you squared around without the whole reinstall rigamarole.
Mr.Skratch

Post by Mr.Skratch »

Yeah I reinstalled Classicshell as the the new start button for windows 8.1 sucks big time also like the fact I can customize it to the way I want. I think the actual problem was a bug with the original version of windows 8 as you could see photo thumbnails not mp3 ones, believed they fix it in the 8.1 update.