All my music keeps disappearing from MediaMonkey Pro

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kcalsyn

All my music keeps disappearing from MediaMonkey Pro

Post by kcalsyn »

I need help. I can successfully sync songs over Wifi to my Samsung Galaxy S5 (using Internal Storage) and all of the songs show up in MediaMonkey Pro --for a while -- then MMA shows nothing at all in my library.

The songs are still there. I can see all of the MP3 files in /storage/emulated/0/music using the Folders button in MMA. In the Options, that folder is selected under "Choose library folders."

If I go to Options and click on "Check for new/changed media," all of the music will once again show up in my library -- for a while. It typically takes no more than an hour to two before they disappear again. It is driving me nuts (though it is a short drive.) :o

Using MMA Pro 1.0.4.0245. (I was originally using MMA Beta and had the same issue.)
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint) with Android 4.4.2.

Thanks in advance!
rovingcowboy

Re: All my music keeps disappearing from MediaMonkey Pro

Post by rovingcowboy »

it is not sprints fault and it is not androids fault. it might be galaxy's own version of android that is causing it.
go to the menu and look on the about page the option to send a bug report is on there now. send that in so they can see what is going on with your phone. 8)

oh yeah when you finish your short drive i'll be waiting for you. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
kcalsyn

Post by kcalsyn »

When you say to report a bug, do mean from my Samsung phone menu of from the MMA menu? I don't see anything like the former and the latter takes me to this forum. :-)

I am hoping the MediaMonkey folks will help me. I saw an option on MMA to send logs, but I assumed I should only do that if asked by MMA support folks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right after you see the disappearing act you can send the log from MMA (from About). That hopefully has captured why this happened.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Oh no you can send that bug log in anytime you want or need too.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
kcalsyn

Post by kcalsyn »

Thanks. I reproduced the issue and sent a bug report. Log ID: M4M55QQOZG
BenRad

Problems syncing with HTC One (M8)

Post by BenRad »

I've been struggling for the past couple weeks to get this working correctly, but I'm not making any progress.

I understand the issues with using an extSD and KitKat, so I've given up on that for the time being. I removed all music files from the device and started over, using the internal storage.

I've tried syncing over USB and at first it appears successful, but after starting up MMA a second time, no music appears under Artists, Songs, Albums, etc. The only remnant of synchronization is the playlists, but they all appear empty.

I've tried syncing over WiFi and it's the same thing. First time works, I'm able to listen to music, but when I start MMA up again, everything is gone.

I am able to access the music using other music players, but I obviously lose the playlists when I do that.

I've read the thread on submitting bugs, but I'm not sure how to submit the bug report if all the problems are happening on the phone.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

I sent a bug report: Log ID: VSRM8B5W6O
kcalsyn

Post by kcalsyn »

Any update? I've reported the issue here in the forum and submitted logs from the app. Is there elsewhere I can get support for this paid app?

Thanks.
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

I gave it a go again yesterday, but I still have the same problem.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I would create a support issue.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
kcalsyn

Post by kcalsyn »

Submitted a ticket (HKA-398557). Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And make sure you update to the latest release: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 68820&sd=d
nurlreed

Post by nurlreed »

I've been noticing the same thing and have found that MMA is "forgetting" the Android library directory. Is this your case?

It's also discussed here.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 8&start=45
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

It's been working for me since the last update. Now to get it working on the extsd.