Filder / Folder monitoring do not work anymore!?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Pauli

Filder / Folder monitoring do not work anymore!?

Post by Pauli »

Hi,

I'm using MM many years (Gold User) and now (using 4.1.2.1706) the file and folder monitoring do not work anymore!?

I do not change anything but if I copy new mp3 files at my library structure MM did not notice the files. If I manually make a scan the files are at the library.

Any ideas? What can I do?

Thanks, Pauli
Lowlander

Re: Filder / Folder monitoring do not work anymore!?

Post by Lowlander »

Can you describe the location (internal/external/network drive)? Is MediaMonkey running when you copy the files to a Monitored Folder?
Pauli

Post by Pauli »

My music is on a Windows network share, the MM Database is on a local drive and MM is running (of course) - at the past everything works fine and now I recognize that it did not work anymore!

Regards, Pauli
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Network monitoring doesn't work in all cases (it depends on Windows seeing the changes on network locations which it doesn't sometimes). Is the same PC where MM is monitoring being used to copy the files to the monitored folders?
Pauli

Post by Pauli »

I do not know exactly when it do not work the first time but maybe it happens with the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8!

Any possibility to let Windows see the changes or do you have a workaround?

Pauli
Afronautz

Post by Afronautz »

Pauli wrote:I'm using MM many years (Gold User) and now (using 4.1.2.1706) the file and folder monitoring do not work anymore!?
I have been experiencing this exact same problem for quite some time now. I am also a long time MediaMonkey Gold customer, currently running version 4.1.3.1708 on Windows 7. I don't recall ever having this problem when I ran MM on Windows XP, but for at least the past year, since upgrading to 7, I've noticed that anytime I add new files to the library, MM won't always recognize them. I have to go into the library options, where the settings to "scan continuously" and "scan at startup" have ALWAYS unticked themselves (...they won't stay selected). Only after going back into these settings does MM then scan for all/new files again, but it no longer automatically scans continuously or at startup.

Incidentally, my media library and all music files are located on an e-sata hard drive.

It was only after being thoroughly frustrated by this issue today as I added many new files to my library, that I searched these forums in hopes of finding a solution, which is how I came upon this thread. I can't ever see NOT using MediaMonkey, but I sure wish this issue could be resolved.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support so that the developers can see why this is happening on your system: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

As kind of sideways note .. i have been having some problems with Conversions (replacing) and have been told it might be caused by monitor and too many files. I have never had this problem before the newer (last 2?) releases
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig