Now Playing "Remaining" Not Updated

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

KADEO26

Now Playing "Remaining" Not Updated

Post by KADEO26 »

Files/Size/Time Remaining is not updated after current track(s) completed
MMFrLife

Re: Now Playing "Remaining" Not Updated

Post by MMFrLife »

Why would a file's size need to be updated if it is just in now playing and not being converted to another format or something of a more complex nature?
Why would a track's time remaining update "after" it's completed?

Are you having trouble with it showing current remaining time "as" it plays......or with tracks not fully stopping after played and resolving back to preplay status?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

KADEO26 wrote:Files/Size/Time Remaining is not updated after current track(s) completed
That doesn't exist. It sounds like you're looking at the status bar which doesn't reflect played status, but reflects which files are listed and which are selected (if any are selected).
KADEO26

Post by KADEO26 »

Thanks for your replies ..... :)

Obviously I am labouring under a misconception (mistaken) ..... :oops:

So presumably either I dreamt of this mechanism/facility or I've come across it elsewhere ..... :wink:

However, I've been curious enough to initiate a search and I came across this from 2004 :

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=1316

"0001316: Show # Tracks & time remaining in Now Playing list"

If mm is used in Parties/Bars/Public places, or if MM is being used to manage a live playlist, the operator needs to know how much longer the current playlist will last.

Suggested format:
Total xx:yy, zz.z MB (Selected xx:yy, zz.z MB)
--> Total Tracks: ww, xx:yy, zz.z MB | Remaining: xx:yy (Selected Tracks: ww, xx:yy, zz.z MB)

It would also be important this is the 'default' info displayed in the main status bar if:
-tracks are playing
-AND the Now Playing window is docked
-AND no other behaviour has been initiated within 10 seconds that would normally trigger an update to the status bar

To be clear it would probably be a good idea to show:
Now Playing Total Tracks: ww, xx:yy, zz.z MB | Remaining: xx:yy (Selected Tracks: ww, xx:yy, zz.z MB)
Sadly, it seems that the idea wasn't implemented ..... :(

Thanks again .... 8)