MediaMonkey Android crashes on startup -regression 1.0.7.295

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Anagastes

MediaMonkey Android crashes on startup -regression 1.0.7.295

Post by Anagastes »

Latest Mediamonkey-Build crashes when starting. I also try beta and stable, same problem.

Galasy S3 with SlimKat 4.4.2 build 5.6

Re: MediaMonkey Android crashes when starting

Post by Guest »

I've just spent 10 minutes finding this across the web.,

Same experience, on GS3. and also on latest SlimKat ROM.

Does sending the crash report in the application actually go anywhere ?

Woudl love for this to be fixed and I miss my monkey.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried restarting the device?
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

Should have posted long time ago. Build 238 (!) is last working for me. All newer don't work. Tried about weekly. Crash at start. Even after wiping data. (Tried both dalvik and ART.)
Friend of me has same problem on same phone & ROM.

Omnirom on Note2 n7100
DoubleD84

Post by DoubleD84 »

I'm having the same problem, also running a w03 SlimKat (4.4.2-4.4.4). The issue doesn't occur running a TW Rom. I clean installed DN3 (4.4.2 TW) and it opens fine.

Here's the logcat: http://pastebin.com/DN6XMhLy
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

Here my logcat, hope I did that correct :)

http://pastebin.com/zRSTGpRn
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Hi all,

Anagastes: We were intensively working on this issue. There was a bug in internal DB implementation. We are now finalizing the fix. Please try new build and send us logs directly from app. Sending of logs is working. Btw you are able to start app and send logs ? Please post your log id here so we can easily find it.

DoubleD84, Dedors: Your issues are different. There are some problems with recognition of your storages. You are not able to start app at all, right? What build did you use for the logcat output you put in pastebin ? Thanks.
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

It was the newest available beta in the playstore at the time of posting. Cant tell exactly now.

And yes, can't start at all. Did something change after build 238?

Btw I had crash at start with 2-3 older builds as well, while others did not seem to have that problem (at lest no posts in this forum). They all disapeared on or two builds later again. No clue if even related, and can't tell which builds anymore.
miami user g4m

Post by miami user g4m »

Have been using the beta on Android for months, but am stopping now. I just had a crash on Galaxy S4, kept asking for OK or Send, couldn't get to application manager, even restarts didn't help, finally had to touch OK and other places very fast, like it was a video game, to get to the application manager before the OK/Send popped right back up. Took me 10 minutes of "playing" this "game" to get to the app manager and then was able to uninstall MediaMonkey. I am a happy Gold user on PC but on Android I am not ready to reinstall this anytime soon until I see that this has been fixed and tested. Maybe post beta for me. Once bitten twice shy.
TheRealBigEasy

Post by TheRealBigEasy »

Same problems for me on a Samsung S4.
Been using MM beta for months and had no problems. Updated some time last week and now I get the "Unfortunately Media Monkey has stopped working". Can't start it at all. Tried an uninstall/re-boot/install but the same thing happens.

Media Monkey beta v 1.0.7.0295
Android 4.4.2
rubbles88

MMA won't start

Post by rubbles88 »

Everytime I try to run it, I get a message "Unfortunately, Mediamonkey has stopped." This only started when I connected my Samsung Note 3 phone via bluetooth to the car today. Now, I could not run Mediamonkey anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the error remains and Mediamonkey won't start.

Any advise to fix this. Thanks.

Johnny
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The latest beta has a fix for crash on startup, it may resolve the issues you're having: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 76#p394676

Please confirm. Thanks.
rubbles88

Re: MediaMonkey Android crashes on startup -regression 1.0.7

Post by rubbles88 »

I updated to the latest beta version 1.0.7.0296 and MMA still could not start and gives the same "Unfortunately, Mediamonkey has stopped" error.
rubbles88

Post by rubbles88 »

Startup error was finally resolved. I uninstalled MMA on my Android phone. Then, I decided to delete all music files and playlists on the device. On MediaMonkey on my Windows PC, I deleted the profile of my device. Next, I connected the phone to the PC via USB cable and MediaMonkey windows detected the device and created a new profile. I selected the playlists I want synced and click Auto Sync. After syncing was finished, I reinstalled MMA on my device and MMA finally started and scanned my files and looks like it's okay again.

Somehow, I think there was some form of corruption in the files that what I did fixed. Hope this helps others that may encounter a similar problem.
Dedors

Post by Dedors »

For me it did not fix anything.
In the meantime I did a fresh (same) ROM install on my phone, which resulted in the same behaviour with current builds, but additionally also the old build that was still working trough titanium backup also is not working any more. That means I have no MMA at all any more, which quite sucks, and the progress on this critical bug is quite slow :/

I got some additional information tho. It is the SD card which causes the crash. When I unmount it, I can start MMA. It even works when I unmount, start MMA, remount, and then I can scan the files on the SD card. This works until next fresh start of MMA.