ScrobblerDJ V2.20 - Updated 16/11/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Trev1

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.20 - Updated 16/11/2013

Post by Trev1 »

civiliza wrote:I just reread your post, and in retrospect it isn't that Elvis Presley is not similar to other artrists, it is just that the artists who are highly similar are not in your music library.

When ScrobblerDJ receives a list of similar artists from Last.FM, it first discards all whose similarity is below the Minimum Match, and then sees if any of the others are in your library, is so it will choose one at random, otherwise it will indicate that it cannot find a similar artist and try to match genre (as determined by the genre fields in your library).
Thanks for that . But it still does not work. It does not find any song ever which means it is totally useless.
I have 200,000 files in my library and it cannot find a similar artist to Elvis Presley? I don't get it. Besides I have tested it with a number of artists and it ALWAYS
diverts to the playlist
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

Could you list the various settings in Tools->Options->ScrobblerDJ Settings please?

(I am hoping that a particular combination like a Default Playlist of Top 50 Playlist and Limit To Default Playlist means that it is trying to find all matches within those Top 50 instead of the entire library).
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

civiliza wrote:Could you list the various settings in Tools->Options->ScrobblerDJ Settings please?

(I am hoping that a particular combination like a Default Playlist of Top 50 Playlist and Limit To Default Playlist means that it is trying to find all matches within those Top 50 instead of the entire library).
Cracked it thanks a million!! I had 'Limit To Default Playlist ' checked. I unchecked it. Working great now! :)
JLR14111

Scrobbler DJ gone crazy

Post by JLR14111 »

Hi,
a while back I tried Scrobbler DJ, I was never able to make it do anything, but since the last few days, it gives me 2 or3 errors in a row each time I select to play any song.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Error #13 - Erreur d'exécution Microsoft VBScript
Type incompatible: 'ScrobblerDJ'
File: "C/Users/DocJ/AppData/Roaming/MediaMonkey/Scripts/ScrobblerDJ.vbs", Line: 1, Column: 0

(with a OK button)
-------------------------------------------------------------
then
Error happened during script execution:
Type incompatible: 'ScrobblerDJ'

(again with a OK button)
Since it never worked for me anyway, I'd rather remove it from my MM (latest version)
I can't even seem to find a way to get rid of it.
I guess there must be a way to reset MM to default, although I wish I could keep my network config

Thanks in advance
JLR
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
nohitter151

Re: Scrobbler DJ gone crazy

Post by nohitter151 »

Tools > Extensions
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JLR14

Post by JLR14 »

The only addon left there is French translation
JLR14

Post by JLR14 »

ScrobblerDJ and LastFM were listed in Tools/Extensions, along with French translation.
I did uninstall the first two with the provided button, and left only French tr.

For some reasons, MM still searches for those addons (every time a song start) even though the addons were removed.
Isn't there a way to reset MM to default?
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

Hi - Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, only received notification earlier this evening, then had to install latest version of MM etc (I haven't updated for a while, I had been using MM 4.1.1).

Anyway I am afraid that despite said update I have not been able to reproduce your issue, that said I am also using an old O/S, and I think that these sort of problems came in with newer versions of Windows.

The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall then try to uninstall via Tools/Extensions again in the hope that it will uninstall cleanly. Sorry I can't be of more use - I don't have access to a more recent version of Windows to test with.
mcow

Post by mcow »

I had problems uninstalling this extension, as well. After an uninstall did not work (except to remove it from the installed Extensions list), I checked both %PROGRAMFILES%\MediaMonkey\Scripts and %APPDATA%\MediaMonkey\Scripts; went thru the INI files in both locations; I searched the registry. I could find zero references to the extension in any of those, but I was still getting error messages from the extension.

Fortunately, civiliza did create an update which fixed the bug where turning the extension off would not persist to the next time MediaMonkey was opened, so it is possible to turn it off. And that's what I have now: the extension is installed but turned off.

I would recommend any user considering this extension to avoid it. civiliza is a nice guy and would like to help, but he simply doesn't know what he's done in the installer and has no idea how to undo it.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
JLR14

Post by JLR14 »

civiliza wrote:The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall then try to uninstall via Tools/Extensions again in the hope that it will uninstall cleanly.
btw, I am running win7x64

Interestingly enough, If I reinstall ScrobblerDJ, I get no errors anymore when I select songs to play.
If I go again "Tools/Extensions" and click the uninstall button there, the errors come back
Its as if MM doesnt acknowledge the extensions has been duly removed and keeps looking for it (with error obviously)
mcow

Post by mcow »

Regarding the uninstall problem with this add-on: Someone posted in this topic about another location of data for MediaMonkey: %APPDATA%\Local\VirtualStore\MediaMonkey.
I looked in the Scripts subdirectory and there was a copy of scripts.ini, which had an entry for ScrobblerDJ. So, I tried once again to uninstall ScrobblerDJ, and then manually removed the ScrobblerDJ entry from this file. Then I restarted MMW, but ScrobberDJ was still active (that is, when I tried to play, I got an error that the script could not be executed). I closed MMW, looked around, and found that the %APPDATA%\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts.INI still had a ScrobblerDJ entry. I manually removed that, and restarted: now, when I click Play, I do not get the error.

So now I believe I've got the script uninstalled, at last.

This was the first I've seen of this VirtualStore directory. A little research shows it to be a post-WindowsXP feature that, it seems, supports file writes by legacy operations to locations that once were accessible but in WinVista and beyond are protected.
Eiron

Post by Eiron »

So, Last.fm have launched their new site, scrapped the 1.0 API and broken everything. Will there be a fix for ScrobblerDJ in the works? It is, more or less, entirely what I picked up MediaMonkey for in the first place!
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

Whoopi Do, looks like Last.FM have found a way to break it again.

The 2.0 API seems to be all about forcing you to use your own individual api key unlike 1.0 which allowed anonymous access to their data.

Last time I looked (over a year ago) there were other scrobbling AddOns which allowed you to specify and use your own api key.

Sorry but I think Last.FM have won this time - too fed up to keep playing this game.
Eiron

Post by Eiron »

Pity. There is not anything quite like this for any music player so far as I have seen. But I wish you luck in your future endeavours!
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Really sorry to see this project die out. It was far and away my favorite MM add on.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?