Tree sub-items disappeared

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Thamesvalley

Tree sub-items disappeared

Post by Thamesvalley »

Good morning mediamonkey support,
I recenttly encountered a problem with MM 4.1.5.
In the tree showing at the left of the form, the node disappeared. That means, I can see the main items I created but there are no more sub-items.
How can that happen ? I dont understand why this problem has appeared now. So, I was just switching from the previous MM release to the last one.
Could you help me please.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Get woke, go broke !!
MMFrLife

Re: Tree sub-items disappeared

Post by MMFrLife »

You have a single collection situation where you've lost all the nodes to it?
Check in the collection dialog to see if all the nodes you previously checked are unchecked.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

I see now what you mean with collection. I checked and found anything wrong
I created some playlist and they were visible with their sub-items.
For example : Playlist > Organ > Berlioz > Berlioz album (last item)
My problem is the last item disappeared. I made no change and it disappeared
(I would like to post an image but I have no host to store)
Also, I realize that opening and closing MM is faster than previoulsy. Something is different. There is no reason to be faster
Get woke, go broke !!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to add a screenshot explaining what you mean as Playlists have no sub-items (unless you nested Playlists). Are you referring to the Media Tree or Column Browser maybe?
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

I'm referring to the media tree.
yes no doubt that would be easier to understand with a screenshot. This is usually this way I proceed but I dont know how to host the file because you ask a url.
Where do I have to host the pic ?
Get woke, go broke !!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use a service like http://imgur.com Note that Playlists nodes don't have Artist, Album or any other sub-nodes. The only sub-nodes are nested Playlists. Are you saying nested Playlists fail to show?
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

I'm not sure to understand the meaning of the word 'nested'. For me nested that means some birds in a nest. My english is not good enough.
I succeeded to host an image. So, in the left part, you see the tree. Before the problem, there was the possibility to expand the tree and I could see the title of the albums. These titles were connected to the directory where the albums were placed. And now there is no more possibility to expand, that disappeared.
As you see, in the middle list, there are some albums. These appeared as sub-items in the tree. and now, I dont understand what is happened, they are gone.
http://imgur.com/w5O0l09
Get woke, go broke !!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're showing Playlists which don't have sub-nodes (and never had).
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

"nested" is when something is placed inside of something else either by itself (more properly "nesting") or some other means (nested).

You can create a parent playlist and put other playlists inside of that parent (these are not nodes , just another playlist).
Is this what you had going on before the disappearance?

You're image shows a classical period opera playlist with composer playlists nested within it.
Furthermore, the Cherubini Luigi playlist show his songs in the file list.
The only way to expand further would be to nest something in that composer which would create
another playlist whose tree position would be "off-centered" from the playlist it is nested in (Cherubini Luigi).
Last edited by MMFrLife on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

yes, you pointed exactly my problem. You write nested that means an item inside an item, this thus a sub-item.
You are right. I spoke about playlist inside a playlist.
What can I do to restore these ?
Get woke, go broke !!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Playlists are located in the database but can be difficult to explore manually or with an editor unless you know what you are doing.

So, not sure if this will help, but check it out > http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=42085
😜
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

I will check the link quickly and let you know.
So, Thank you very much for your very fast answers.
Get woke, go broke !!
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Plugin installed. It does not work. MM says database locked. No track was played in the same time of the backup process.
See pic
Get woke, go broke !!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Post issue to script thread (same link you used to download from).
Just briefly summarize issue again and post error image and message from previous post.

ZvezdanD will make suggestions (very friendly and helpful).
😜
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Ok.This is done.
Get woke, go broke !!