Tag updates not syncing to device

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

taratears89

Tag updates not syncing to device

Post by taratears89 »

I'm using media monkey on my android and my win 8 laptop, but when I update tags on the pc and synch its not updating the tags. I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or what. Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Tag updates not syncing to device

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using MMW to sync to MMA? Are you doing a wifi or USB sync? And lastly which version of MMW and MMA do you use?
meljmartin

Post by meljmartin »

Also noted with Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Note Pro over wifi. I was trying to correct tags where artist had replaced album-artist on the device (OK on PC) so that seems to be a bug too and recent as I just noticed it when my # of albums on the device mysteriously increased. They were existing albums split by album artist. It seemed most frequent on "various artists" compilations. Build 1726 & 0363
rusty

Post by rusty »

taratears,
Can you provide more info re. how you're syncing (as requested by Lowlander). Also, fyi, here's a link that describes a couple of possible problems:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... is-missing

meljmartin,
the next build includes a fix re. incorrect representation of multi-attribute tracks:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12484
As to whether you're experiencing a sync problem (rather than a representation problem), can you confirm whether the track Properties are updated correctly following the WiFi Sync?

Thanks.

-Rusty
meljmartin

Post by meljmartin »

will do
twinger

Post by twinger »

I'm having the same problem. While new files will sync over to my phone, changes to metadata (artist, album artist, composer, genre) on existing tracks are not syncing. When I press autosync in MMW I can see MMW send the files that I've changed (the titles flash at the bottom of the screen). But when I view the tracks on the phone there is no visible change, even after refreshing/rescanning through the option in the menu. The Android player (Play Music) also does not see the changes (I know that composer, for example, isn't available in other players, but artist and genre should be).

I have even deleted all music on the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled MMA, resynced all the music (to create a clean DB and files), but subsequent metadata changes still will not appear on the phone. (However, changes made on the phone (e.g. ratings) are syncing back to MMW.)

I'm using:
MMW 4.1.5.17.19 (Window 7 laptop)
MMA 1.0.7.0313
USB sync
Moto G, 2nd gen; music stored on 32GB micro SD card
Android 5.0.2
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Twinger,

This is most likely an issue related to failed writes to the SD card. You can try out the beta builds of MMW 4.1.6 and MMA 1.1.0--I expect that they'll fix this.

OR you can wait a few more days--we expect to release both of them this week.

-Rusty
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

meljmartin wrote:Also noted with Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Note Pro over wifi. I was trying to correct tags where artist had replaced album-artist on the device (OK on PC) so that seems to be a bug too and recent as I just noticed it when my # of albums on the device mysteriously increased. They were existing albums split by album artist. It seemed most frequent on "various artists" compilations. Build 1726 & 0363
This is working for me on my win7 / Note 10.1 (and G5). Have you tried the latest betas of both?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig