Access violation at address 00AFADFC

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

errolbest

Re: Access violation at address 00AFADFC

Post by errolbest »

Thanks nohitter151. I tried all you said but the problem still occurred. I have reinstalled MediaMonkey and, at this stage, problem gone. There must have been a corrupted file somewhere in the system. Thanks for your help.
Errol
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Glad things are working.
Note, all the access violation errors I've ever had were not rights permission issues.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MMFrLife wrote:Glad things are working.
Note, all the access violation errors I've ever had were not rights permission issues.
If you're getting them every time you try to edit a track's metadata, 99% of the time that is the cause (based on my anecdotal experience in the forum)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

nohitter151 wrote:If you're getting them every time you try to edit a track's metadata, 99% of the time that is the cause (based on my anecdotal experience in the forum)
In the specific case of editing maybe, but I've had those too and I never did anything to the rights to solve it. I think I updated one time and another
time I did something else (don't remember). So, I guess errolbest and I are in the 1% or 10 % ....... or, whatever it really is.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Also, are we even talking about the same thing?

It's my understanding that "access" error messages that generally say something to the effect of "access denied"
or "can't access that location or file" are different than error messages that also use the term "access"
but also use the terms "violation, address, and some number and or letter combination.
They both use the term access, but the latter is some sort of problem with the
process "itself" of reading a memory address", not the on/off-enable/disable code switching of a
software feature (OS permissions).

Not sure though. :-?
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I just discovered something interesting this morning when attempting to listen to an album of tracks.
I brought up the album using search. I attempted to click on a track and got an Access Violation.... error.

I tried all the tracks, and the same thing. I looked at their paths and they were all correct from what I could tell.
So, thinking this wouldn't do anything - but what the hey, I did a locate moved/missing tracks on the folder and
the results came back as "0" in all categories, as expected. Yet, now when I click on any of the tracks, they all played perfectly fine (no error).
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Access Violations should be captured with a debug log (step 4b) and the log send to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Carolyn

Access violation at address errors RESOLUTION

Post by Carolyn »

I work in I.T. and it was killing me trying to figure out the resolution and finally did. The skin you have selected is corrupt. Change it! :D
MMFrLife

Re: Access violation at address errors RESOLUTION

Post by MMFrLife »

Carolyn wrote:I work in I.T. and it was killing me trying to figure out the resolution and finally did. The skin you have selected is corrupt. Change it! :D
Which post/poster/AV issue are you referring to?
Can you give us a bit more context for your reply?
😜
Jlexa

Post by Jlexa »

Windows updates can be the reason of this error, especially if you use a pirated version of OS. Try to gradually remove the latest updates until the error notifications stop appearing.