MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kjegou

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Post by kjegou »

i tried to reuse this plug in today with MM version 4.1.6 .1624

It works for files but it misses the creation of playlists in the MMiTunes folder. Therefore no way to push the playlists to iPod..
The issue is printed below (end of the plugin sync process):

d_itunes4.dll 2438 13:37:33 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 2438 13:43:31 EXCEPTION createPlaylistInFolder EAccessViolation Access violation at address 08B1AE4D in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000
d_itunes4.dll 2438 13:43:31 EXCEPTION DEVICE_NotifyPlaylist EAccessViolation Access violation at address 08B210D3 in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000
d_itunes4.dll 2438 13:43:31 EXCEPTION DeleteEmptyFolders C:\Users\Florence\Music\MMiTunes\Ajouter automatiquement
danobot

Post by danobot »

Does this script synchronize start and stop times of songs?
danobot

Post by danobot »

Feature Request:
Can you add support for start/stop time syncing between MM and iTunes?

I have a large library with set start and stop times to skip intros and outros. Not being able to sync them to ios and android is really annoying. Music listening experience is not very nice since I have to manually skip start/end of songs when i listen on mobile.

See this thread in Synchronization Forum: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=78934
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

danobot wrote:Feature Request:
Can you add support for start/stop time syncing between MM and iTunes?
Don't hold your breath, the plugin developer has stop supporting/developing this plugin. For more details, read earlier in this thread.

I was hoping the MediaMonkey developers would do a MM for iOS, but there is no hint of that happening either.

I've moved to iTunes.... :-(
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

MediaMan wrote:
markstuartwalker wrote:I think I am in the same camp now. I have been an MM Gold user for many many years, with a growing library of FLAC files, and it served me well, especially when i had dated slower pc's, so I was always hesitant to move.

But now, with newer hardware. and as I get older, I want more convenience and stability.... and have the need to integrate with my ipad, smartphone, internet ready AVR, media server, mediaplayers, home network, smart TV, remote apps, HTPCs, etc, I think it just going to plain easier to make use of ITunes, Airplay Home Sharing etc. I find I am tired now of all the tinkering I tend to do with so much "command and control" I have with MM, and just want to enjoy the music more!
Well put, this is exactly how I feel about MediaMonkey too.
Captainsaveahoe

Mediamonkey locks up durning sync to d_itunes4.dll on my PC

Post by Captainsaveahoe »

Frustrations! I have a large music library(27,000+) tracks. When I am synchronizing my library to the d_itunes4.dll addon about 50% through mediamonkey stops working. No other error message then that. Any ideas?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
simonmason

Post by simonmason »

I just started seeing this again: Nil response from iTunes. Looks like the latest updates to iTunes may have broken things again. I have now moved to iTunes Folder Watch.
kyinaire

Post by kyinaire »

Love your plugin! So far, all the playlists work but there are consistently only 1700 out of 2776 that can be synced into iTunes. Is 1700 the max? From what other users have been posting, this hasn't seemed to be an issue. The rest of my songs aren't playing in MM anymore - they're grayed out, and they are not in iTunes either but the physical mp3 file is there.

Please help! Thanks! I have win7 64-bit running latest iTunes and MM.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

kyinaire wrote:Love your plugin! So far, all the playlists work but there are consistently only 1700 out of 2776 that can be synced into iTunes. Is 1700 the max? From what other users have been posting, this hasn't seemed to be an issue. The rest of my songs aren't playing in MM anymore - they're grayed out, and they are not in iTunes either but the physical mp3 file is there.

Please help! Thanks! I have win7 64-bit running latest iTunes and MM.
I synched 8500+ songs onto my iPod Touch a few months ago. Be aware that the developer dropped this project several months ago and it appears to be no longer actively maintained. I moved to Android and experienced a whole different set of problems with MMA and MMW trying to play nice with each other via the crap protocol that is MTP. *sigh*
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
iScratchi

Post by iScratchi »

Hi guys, is this plugin likely to have corrupted the CD/DVD drive on an HP ProBook 4540s x 64 (Win7 Pro x 64).

It was working with MM but now it does not. I've looked extensively at the PC settings, drivers, international and regional settings but the D drive will just not recognise any media. When I direct MM to a network D drive, it won't import the media as commanded. Even an OS reinstall has not resolved this issue, maybe I just need a new drive or a drink.

Cheers
iScratchi
Riichall

Post by Riichall »

markstuartwalker wrote:Dear All

To be honest I have lost interest on this plugin. I am in the process of migrating from MM and will never get back to re-coding the plugin to make it work reliably. I am aware that there are still many users who use it and I feel that it is a good extension to MM.

In the spirit of cooperation, do any of you wish to take on the future maintenance of the plugin? I am quite happy to email the Delphi source code to you. You'll need to be a proficient in Delphi as I will not be able to give you much of a handover.

My apologies,
Mark
Hi Mark, just a quick thanks for all the work you did on this plugin, it was, for the most part one of the main reasons I forked out for a gold license. I don't really sync that much to iTunes anymore but decided to have a quick look at the thread to see if there were any new developments. Thanks again!
jockmcsock

Post by jockmcsock »

Sorry if im stupid, but I cant get this plugin to work.

My daughter has bought an iphone and i hate itunes so wanted to copy files easily from mediamonkey.

downloaded the plugin and installed (no manual btw), but for the life of me I cant work out how to move files from the main library on to the User device.

I have moved files to the .dll 'device' and then tried copying to Users device in both the main device tree and under the .dll tree, but neither seems to work.

what am i missing? Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're just trying to sync from PC to an iPhone you don't need this, instead see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... zation/4.0
djnarrative

Post by djnarrative »

Hye :) - Looking return to media monkey gold as back on windows (need to upgrade my 3 license to 4) and wanted to see if the criteria from itunes smart playlists can be synced over to media monkey. Itunes is painstakingly slow on my new windows machine but it contains a system of hundreds of smart playlists & sub playlists & fields for my djing stuff, so i need to keep itunes, but would be really good to use media monkey as my central database and have it update itunes (so that it can sync to the dj software) There's tens of thousands of samples & tracks so wanted to check before trying it. Cheers
Perk

iTunes exceptions

Post by Perk »

Hi, I am trying to get Media Monkey running. I have downloaded iTunes through the link (not Microsoft store) and the plug in. When I try to sync my iPhone, I get the following exceptions and haven't found how to fix this:

d_itunes4.dll 3236 7:47:39 PM 0 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 3236 7:47:39 PM 0 EXCEPTION iTunesSource null name supplied
d_itunes4.dll 3236 7:47:39 PM 0 EXCEPTION getItunesSource not found
d_itunes4.dll 3236 7:47:40 PM 0 EXCEPTION fillPlaylistCache nil Source