iOS 8.3 [#12701]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MyCsPiTTa

Re: iOS 8.3 [#12701]

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?
Sorry, I was wrong; I'm on iOS 8.4, not 8.3
I updated to the latest MM and iTunes (see below) to try to solve the problem, but no success,

I get no errors messages. When I try to sync (either a synced playlist or "send to iPhone) this is what happens:
1) iPhone shows up in My Computer as portable device, and named in MM
2) Initializing
3) Progress bar sometimes moves at 1 song per second, but other times takes over 1 min per song. Total time for a dozen albums could be an hour.
4) The iPhone has no new songs on it. Vice versa, if I try to sync an emptied playlist, the music is not removed from my iPhone.

I'm planning to submit a debug file soon. Should I make a new thread or just notify you guys on this thread?

Acer Aspire 5378
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium
MediaMonkey 4.1.8.1751 (with Backup, Lyricator and Minilyrics Embedder)
iTunes 12.2.1.16
iOS 8.4 on 64GB iPhone 6, using original cable
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Here is the debug stuff.

The debug log file can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw9iak96egzd5 ... C.LOG?dl=0
and iTunes folder here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b01ie5q0rgeyy ... s.zip?dl=0
This was a test with 2 (or was it 3?) audio tracks.

Acer Aspire 5378
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium
MediaMonkey 4.1.8.1751 (with Backup, Lyricator and Minilyrics Embedder)
iTunes 12.2.1.16
iOS 8.4 on 64GB iPhone 6, using original cable

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention: iTunes can successfully transfer songs to my iPhone. I haven't yet tried "syncing" a playlist, as frankly, it's been so long since I last use iTunes, I have no idea how to use the new UI! There are only a couple of albums in my iTunes library anyway, as I've never set this up. Point is, songs seem to transfer OK via iTunes.
Last edited by MyCsPiTTa on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

I've been fighting this for a while too, trying to get it solved with MM support. No luck yet. We keep trying and I hope a fix is found.
hello-matosh

Post by hello-matosh »

Hi, I encountered the Same issue with iOS 8.4 and my 4S iPhone. The device is recognized under MM, I can click on an album and send it to the 4S. However, when I open Music on iPhone-> no changes done, no new album in the list.
It would be great if someone has a glue and can solve that issue cause i'm sick of iTunes.

Cheers
Matosh
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

@MyCsPiTTa
Based on the log I can confirm that it is the same issue as steveg_nh observes, the device never sends 'AssetManifest', it sends immediatelly 'SyncFinished' after our file metadata commit for some reason. Probably something from the file metadata that it doesn't like, but I cannot reproduce and it is hard to guess what it can be.
Could you test whether this happens for any file or whether it can be related to a particular files? It would give us a clue then.

EDIT: I am analyzing also your iTunes folder to see if I can find something, I will let you now...

Thanks.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I think I got it, there are some some unexpected values in /iTunes_Control/iTunes/MediaLibrary.sqlitedb database file:
db_info.db_pid = 0
primary_container_pid = 0

These values used to be expected to be non-zero.

I am tracking the issue as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12813 to be fixed to the next beta version, thanks so far!
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

That would be awesome Ludek! You think this might fix the whole mess?
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Hi Ludek,

Yes, that's great to have some idea so fast - though it's pretty much over my head!

Do you still want me to test more files, or is this on target for fixing now?
Because guess what; I tried another sync today of the "test" playlist and the real playlist I was originally after - and it worked. The files were the same as those not working yesterday.
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

Ludek, I sent you the log and my DB file as well.

I've also had inconsistency in syncing too.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI
@MyCsPiTTa and @steveg_nh issues have the same symptomps
both have the mentioned values set to zero in MediaLibrary.sqlitedb for some reason.
I also have been able to simulate the issue by manual editing of MediaLibrary.sqlitedb to zero the values.
The fix (http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12813) will be included in the next beta build (4.1.9.1753)

Thanks!

EDIT: If you want to test the fix before the beta will be posted, you can download this iPhoneCalc.dll : http://happymonkeying.com/beta/iPhoneCalc.dll
and replace it over your current iPhoneCalc.dll from the build 4.1.9.1752
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

I'll give the DLL a try later tonight Ludek. After trying to solve this with you for over 3 months, it will be great to get it done!
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

Just gave it a shot...only 50 songs show up on phone out of a playlist of 100 songs...not sure. But at least it didn't crash. I uploaded the log to our ticket.
hello-matosh

Post by hello-matosh »

I tried the DLL today and I could sent a few albums (69 songs) to my 4S - looks promising! I don't use the MM sync function, instead I always right-click on a album and click: send to iPhone.

To be sure I have to test it a bit more.

Cheers
Matosh
billjimbers

Post by billjimbers »

The dll file did not work for me. Is there anything else in the works? Same issue as with iOS 8.3, except this time nothing shows up on my phone at all. Thanks.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

@Ludek; As sync started working again for me before I got a chance to try your new DLL, let me know if it help you if I run another debug so you can compare the two states, not working and working?