MMA deleted all my private Pictures and Videos

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

onkel_enno

MMA deleted all my private Pictures and Videos

Post by onkel_enno »

I'm so angry about MMA.
I installed it on my Tablet and synced with my PC.
I then enabled Deleteting files on the Tablet, because I wanted to have all my Music in sync with my PC.
But then MMA also deleted all My Pictures and Videos. Why? What the hell has MMA to do with Video and Fotos???
I never told it to do anything with them. There where Fotos of more than 10 years I organized an my Tablet only.
Hopefully I will have a backup of the data, even if, the work to organize everything I will have to do again - work for weeks.
THANK YOU

Damn ...
nohitter151

Re: MMA deleted all my private Pictures and Videos

Post by nohitter151 »

You should make sure your options include "Unselected library files" in the drop down box to ensure that only files from MediaMonkey are deleted on phone. By choosing "All other media files" you run the risk of pictures and videos not synced by MMA being deleted.

Also you should select "Confirm deletion" so you see what's being deleted first...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
onkel_enno

Re: MMA deleted all my private Pictures and Videos

Post by onkel_enno »

Of course in the end it was my fault, not checking the confirm deleting dialog in detail, but I expected MMA to delete Music - but I did not expect it to delete all the other files.

If I recall what I did, it was the "Choose Library Folder"-Dialog which resulted in deleting all files (even ZIPs, Application data, ...).
In MMA (Pro) you select the drive (internal Storage or external SD) and then the folders. After pressing the back button, you are back on the "Choose Library Folders"-Dialog. If you then accidentally press the drive again (internal Storage or external SD), the whole drive switches to be selected completely (which doesn't make any sense to me) and so all files could be deleted on that drive:

BUT in MMA Beta this is already fixed and you can not accidentally select the whole drive any more:

Too sad that I did not use MMA Beta on my Tablet first ...