Syncing over wifi resets the file locations [#12828]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

CybranM

Syncing over wifi resets the file locations [#12828]

Post by CybranM »

Hi,
I'm syncing music/podcasts/audiobooks/playlists to my LG G4 and I set up the file paths on my PC (\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track> as an example).
But when I click sync on my phone it resets the file path to "\Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2>".
Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it due to the SD card sync problems I've heard about? My G4 is using android 5.1 so from what I've heard it should be possible to sync to the SD card. This is really frustrating as I'd really like to be able to sync over wifi but if it cant be fixed I'll have to sync with USB.
Thanks
Aff

Re: Syncing over wifi resets the file locations.

Post by Aff »

Probably USB sync wouldn't help.
But you can try to first open the SD card manually in MMA in order to get the permission from Android for the root folder: Options, Choose library folders, SD card, +, select the SD card.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like you're using Android 4.4+ which due to restrictions put in place by Google limits where files can be stored on SD cards.
Aff

Post by Aff »

CybranM wrote:My G4 is using android 5.1
MMA is not limited after the procedure I've described above, but possibly this works only with the beta version.
CybranM

Post by CybranM »

Sorry I didnt reply earlier. I tried to check the root folder for the SD card and that worked but when I tried to sync over wifi the same problem occurred as before.
I downloaded the beta version of the app and the wifi sync is not placing the files in the correct folders but I've got a new problem.
It syncs all of my content, ignoring what folders I checked for synchronization. So all 3412 files I have, even though I selected just one playlist with 40 songs as a test.
I guess this is just a bug with the beta app (its called beta after all). Does anyone know when the normal app is going to be updated?
Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

I would suggest that you open Support ticket where we can go in more details rather than do this publically.

After solution is found we can also publish them without personal details needed for debugging.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CybranM

Post by CybranM »

Ok, I've submitted a ticket. I'll post here if I find a solution.
Peke

Post by Peke »

FYI while we are doing tests in Ticket I added http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12828
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts