Sync -> Galaxy S5 SD freezes

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

CleoMatra

Sync -> Galaxy S5 SD freezes

Post by CleoMatra »

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with syncing to Galaxy S5.

Using playlists, or just a number of tracks, when syncing (USB-sync) more the 100 tracks, the process is freezed after some time. Sometimes it syncs 80 tracks, sometime 120 tracks. After it freezes, I have to disconnect the phone, and kill MediaMonkey on the PC. After trying 3 or 4 times, all tracks are synced, but I would like to sync > 8.000 tracks, so my question is: Did I miss a certain configuration-issue? :(

My systems:
PC: Windows Vista
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos (Dual Sim) SM-G900FD
Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
SD card: Micro SDXC Ultra Hi-Speed 64GB

MediaMonkey PC: 4.1.8.1751
MediaMonkey Android: 1.1.2.0419

Cheers
CleoMatra
dtsig

Re: Sync -> Galaxy S5 SD freezes

Post by dtsig »

I have a 5 but not a duos so ..
I have yet to have any problem syncing mine. I have read that sometimes an SD card can cause that to happen.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

I have a S5 with Verizon and syncing MMW<>S5 via the USB cable is pretty unreliable in my experience. Like you, I sync my tunes to an SD card in my phone. To unfreeze the sync, one has to kill explorer.exe: Task Manager (leave this open for the entire time), Processes Tab, highlight explorer.exe and press "End Process." The sync should resume, as it does with mine. If you want to bring up your taskbar (since killing explorer.exe kills this too), go to Task Manager that you left open, File>New Task (run) and type explorer.exe. The issue with me, after unfreezing the sync, is that it is a toss-up whether or not the files will transfer from the computer to phone. Having to go through all of these hoops makes me wish that I purchased an iphone, where the syncs are much more reliable.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Have you tried a wifi sync?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Aff

Post by Aff »

Had the same issue, but inconsistently.

(Similar: initial sync to galaxy s5 SD card via usb not working).

Do you have Samsung USB drivers? If not, maybe it could help to install them by Kies or manually by Windows Update.
CleoMatra

Post by CleoMatra »

Thx for this info, doesn't sound like a nice way to go. Do you have the same issues with the WiFi-sync?
theta_wave wrote:I have a S5 with Verizon and syncing MMW<>S5 via the USB cable is pretty unreliable in my experience. Like you, I sync my tunes to an SD card in my phone. To unfreeze the sync, one has to kill explorer.exe: Task Manager (leave this open for the entire time), Processes Tab, highlight explorer.exe and press "End Process." The sync should resume, as it does with mine. If you want to bring up your taskbar (since killing explorer.exe kills this too), go to Task Manager that you left open, File>New Task (run) and type explorer.exe. The issue with me, after unfreezing the sync, is that it is a toss-up whether or not the files will transfer from the computer to phone. Having to go through all of these hoops makes me wish that I purchased an iphone, where the syncs are much more reliable.
CleoMatra

Post by CleoMatra »

No, not yet, I was assuming USB would be more reliable .... ;-)
But I will get to that later
dtsig wrote:Have you tried a wifi sync?