Sleep Timer & Connected Bluetooth Devices

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

erlebc

Sleep Timer & Connected Bluetooth Devices

Post by erlebc »

I loaded Media Monkey for Android 1.1.3.0529 on my LG G3 (LGLS990) device which runs Android 5.0.1. All appears to be fine, but I had a question about the Sleep Timer implementation as it relates to connected Bluetooth devices. The use case is I have MMA running and I connect the LG G3 to my Klipsch KMC 3 via Bluetooth. The connection is fine. I set the Sleep Timer for 30 minutes. The music on the device stops after 30 minutes, but my Klipsch speaker is still powered on after many hours. It has an Auto-Shut Off feature after 30 minutes so my expectation here would be to have MMA stop playing music after 30 minutes, disconnect from the Klipsch device, and it too would power down automatically in due course. That is not the observed behavior however. The Klipsch device remains on until I shut it off. I am wondering if that is due to the bluetooth connection being maintained by MMA which keeps the Klipsch in a 'Ready' state and does not allow it to power down? Sometimes I use another player called PowerAmp and it too has a Sleep Timer, but the difference with respect to this specific feature with the Sleep Timer is that once it stops playing music, the Klipsch speaker turns off after 30 minutes.
This is not a show stopper, but just something I observed, and wanted to have commented on by someone in the know. Thank You.
Peke

Re: Sleep Timer & Connected Bluetooth Devices

Post by Peke »

If you set that MMA close when Idle to 1 Minute for example and then you start Sleep timer.

MMA stops music -> Closes after Minute and my BT headphones powers down after 5 more minute.

Can you confirm that?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
erlebc

Post by erlebc »

Thank You for your reply Pavle. I'm sorry that I do not know where this setting is that you are referring to. I've checked everywhere within MMA (or so I've thought) for this setting to close MM when idle, but I've not located that setting. If you'll guide me there I'll certainly try this out. Thank You.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sure, idle timeout can be found at MENU -> OPTIONS -> SHOW IN NOTIFICATION BAR
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
erlebc

Post by erlebc »

Yes, I did have this set, and it had previously been set to 3 minutes, but I reduced it to one, just to change it. However the behavior is the same. MMA shuts down after the sleep timer expires, but the notifcation never leaves the device. So, it appears that the BT connection is preserved and the other device is not allowed to disconnect or shutdown. I checked my Android device shortly after the Sleep Timer expiration, and then about an hour later and the MMA notification was still in the notification bar. Thank You for your assistance.
erlebc

Post by erlebc »

Can we resume this thread. I think I might have been on to something not behaving correctly.