MM crashing on startup, no error message.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Forcen

MM crashing on startup, no error message.

Post by Forcen »

MediaMonkey is crashing/shutting down on startup for me every time I run it after it scans my library for files and changes and all that.
It started happening when my computer locked up and had to be reset, I was listening to a podcast at the time. My GPU has some issues with a specific game and I forgot to clock it down. Since that crash this started happening.

I have tried running the installer again but I didn't uninstall before I think, no effect. I guess I should try to do a more thorough reinstallation but I figured I should ask around first.,is it as easy as just backing up your mm.db file and delete everything else? Can I backup my podcast subscriptions & settings?

I'm running Windows 10 x64.
Lowlander

Re: MM crashing on startup, no error message.

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?

For me sometimes running the unskinned version from the install folder directly allows me to get back into MediaMonkey afterwards.
Forcen

Re: MM crashing on startup, no error message.

Post by Forcen »

It's the latest version, free one.
Well damn, that non-skinned one works. I used that to stop watching a folder on a problematic hdd, it might have been part of the problem.
And now the normal one seems to work, weird stuff.

Thanks for the help! I'm still confused why this happened and why this was the solution..