Browse By Art 4.9 [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Other groupings (including Genre) are in the works. Not sure if they'll be in the next version or the one after, but they are on the way.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Another suggestion would be to not even show albums that do NOT have artwork already associated (perhaps make it an option). 8)
Investor

Post by Investor »

@Trixmoto

Re: 2. I've organised a screen capture for you. Should be in your mail.

Re: 4. I disabled caching, but wasn't sure if the script checked for new additions and then updated faster (I didn't have anything new at the time to try it out!). Thanks for clarifying that.

Re: 5. Good news on the installation system. Would this be the "Script Manager" I've seen refered to in other threads? This will be an invaluable enhancement to MM. Thanks for the confirmation.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Tylast - this is already in version 2.2 (to be released soon!)

@Investor - I still cannot replicate this, nor can I see any reason why my script would have any effect on another node. I will try to figure it out and get it fixed for you though.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Very cool script. I've been wishing for somethign like this for ages.

An improvement for me (and possible only me :-? ) would be a way of filtering out albums that I'm not interested in. I can't bring myself to remove them from the database so I use Custom 1 as an album rating field (1-5) I'd love to be able to display only albums rated 4, 4.5, & 5 (including those with no rating yet). This would vastly reduce the amount of albums displayed.
smiller

Post by smiller »

smiller wrote: I am receiving the following IE Script Error when clicking on the Artwork node:

Line: 6
Char: 3
Error: ActiveX component can't create object: SongsDB.SDBApplication
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\artwork\loading.htm
Just wondering if any of those afflicted with this problem have found an answer? I have enabled all script functionality in all zones in Internet Explorer but it doesn't cure the problem on my machine (OS is WinXP 2005 MCE.) Frustrating because I really want to be able to use this script! :cry:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Smiller, although I have not yet finished study this one, I found that there's a special section in the registry that handle 'My Computer', separate from the Intranet/Internet settings you find in 'Internet Options-Security'

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0]
@=""
"DisplayName"="My Computer"

This is where I've been looking for settings that have to do with an ActiveX warning message that comes up when I use AlbumArt. I do not yet understand all the values there, but one suggested to zero out all listed there above 1C00, however that didn't work. I suspect there is something about WinXPsp2 that have a setting that gives these warnings, even on your own HDD. Would be nice if someone knew how...

I've put albumart on 'pause' due to it takes a bit long to cache 1500+ album art images in one single web page. I'm hoping for a simple start-up page of AlbumArt showing something like.
By Artist
#|A|B|C|D|E...|All
By Genre
Pop|Rock|Latin|Oldies|....
or something of that nature. Basically a simple start page, and that Browse.htm get generated based on a filter.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There are filters added to 2.2 which is ready for release now, except I'm going to spend an hour or two this morning trying to sort out these ActiveX warnings. Watch this space! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

ActiveX warnings: If you have switched "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" in your Local Intranet settings in Internet Explorer, and you are still getting the warning messages - try this:

1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0

This sets your "My Computer" zone setting (which is not displayed in the Internet Options) to Enabled. Works for me! :)
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thanks Trix, mine was 1, now changed to 0. Looking forward to give v.2.2 a go. :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.2) is now ready! Lots of new stuff to play with, so let me know how it goes.

:o NEW CODE :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I can't believe the progress! :D This is a thrill...

The 1201 registry value set to 0 fixed the ActiveX issue. Thank you again!

I started fresh today, with new MediaMonkey.mdb, MediaMonkey.ini plus removed the artwork folder before trying v2.2

At MM startup
Error #424
Object required:'outimg'
Line:581 Column:8
I believe this to be related to creating the \artwork\ folder, as after the second start of MM this error goes away.

Very impressive option panel.. need some time-testing now.

What do you think about placing browse.htm as a child in a frame page?
A simple frame page with a head and a body. The head can have some filters, and the body can be browse.htm.

At start-up, all you see is the head, and a browse.htm containing only 'Album Art Magic by Trixmoto' :wink: ... Then, when the user click say Artist |A|, browse.htm get generated and refreshed on screen. This may be for later versions. Impressive progress!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, that error should be fixed in 2.3 (work has begun!)

I seem to have picked up a bug with the title links not going to the right node. Can you confirm this?

Nice idea with the frames, I will look into it! :)
Investor

Post by Investor »

Re: My Computer zone in Internet Settings.

To show this zone in the Internet options>Security tab go to aforementioned registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0

Scroll down to Flags

Modify DWORD value to 47 (in hex)

The Microsoft knowledge article on this is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315933

This has solved my problem. Thanks to Trix and Diddledoo.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I will as soon as I can. Currently see Caching... (been awhile)
That's the problem I'm dealing with.. too much art to cache.... maybe I should put the big MM.mdb in 'park' and start a new small MM.mdb, so I can get to see the art quicker... I'll do that..