Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

Post by Guest »

I have a Sony Xperia Z5 that used to wifi sync without problems. Then one day MMA crashed and corrupted its database and I had to reinstall (cleared the cache, deleted all music and /mediamonkey directories, deleted sync profiles on pc, uninstalled and reinstalled MMA).

Now I can't wifi sync at all. My phone just says 'Wifi sync refused by server, make sure it's enabled etc'

In the Media Sharing window of the MM server, I can see all the Denied requests from every time I tried to do it from the phone. They look like:

Status: Denied, Client Name: Apache-httpclient/unavailable (java 1.5), Requested File: /DeviceID=someuuid_DeviceName=Sony E5823 - SD Card_ItemID=DeviceConfig.xml

Everything is enabled, boxes are checked, etc. This used to work just fine.

MMA Pro version:1.1.3.0554
MM Gold version: 4.1.11.1783

Re: Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

Post by Guest »

Oops, should probably also mention I recently updated to android 6.0. I'm fairly sure I've never successfully synced since doing that.
theguiltyparty

Post by theguiltyparty »

USB syncing is all screwed up too. The android app can't find any of the files that got synced. It still thinks there's playlists that have been deleted. (I did a clean reinstall). I keep getting duplicate sync profiles, and sometimes the phone even shows up under a different name (Sony E824 or whatever instead of Xperia Z5). I wouldn't suggest updating to marshmallow for anyone who wants to keep using MMA.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure wifi sync is enabled in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

Check to see if there is an older MMW process running by opening Task Manager and clicking on the processes tab. I find that an old process will not shut down and when I start MMW up again, it prevents any devices from connecting.