Randomise Playlist 1.3 - Updated 20/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Re: Randomise Playlist 1.3 - Updated 20/10/2010

Post by Onweerwolf »

I have no idea how I would do that.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Onweerwolf wrote:I suddenly have a problem with this script.

I've had 1.2 installed for years and use it infrequently from time to time. Tried to use it today and noticed it was gone from the right-click menu.

Tried to reinstall it but it gave me errors. Noticed 1.3 was out as well and installed that too but that gave me the same errors. Those errors will also show when starting up MM unless I uninstall the script fully.

These are pop-ups after trying to install the script:

the errors are telling you that it crashed because windows expected the list to be mentioned at that line and column, so for some reason it is missing part of the code? did you have a computer crash lately?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rovingcowboy wrote:the errors are telling you that it crashed because windows expected the list to be mentioned at that line and column, so for some reason it is missing part of the code?
You don't say.. :lol:
did you have a computer crash lately?
I'm not sure what you mean by a computer crash.
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

I've just installed this on MM 4.19 (Windows 8.1) with no problem and it works fine.

To try manually installing it:

1. Change RandomisePlaylist.mmip to RandomisePlaylist.zip and extract the contents somewhere.

2. Copy/Move RandomisePlaylist.vbs only to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

3. Add the following to Scripts.ini found at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts

Code: Select all

[RandomisePlaylist]
Filename=Auto\RandomisePlaylist.vbs
Procname=RandomisePlaylist
Order=50
DisplayName=Randomise Playlist
Description=Randomises selected playlist
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0
Run MM and test.

To remove the script, if necessary, just reverse the process.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Onweerwolf wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:the errors are telling you that it crashed because windows expected the list to be mentioned at that line and column, so for some reason it is missing part of the code?
Nooooo I wouldn't say that :)
As for the crash thought. I was thinking that it might have removed some data from the script before it could close the script, if the computer crashed when playing music.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Camus II wrote:
I've just installed this on MM 4.19 (Windows 8.1) with no problem and it works fine.

To try manually installing it:

1. Change RandomisePlaylist.mmip to RandomisePlaylist.zip and extract the contents somewhere.

2. Copy/Move RandomisePlaylist.vbs only to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

3. Add the following to Scripts.ini found at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts

Code: Select all

[RandomisePlaylist]
Filename=Auto\RandomisePlaylist.vbs
Procname=RandomisePlaylist
Order=50
DisplayName=Randomise Playlist
Description=Randomises selected playlist
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0
Run MM and test.

To remove the script, if necessary, just reverse the process.
I see.

I tried that but it doesn't make any difference.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rovingcowboy wrote:
Onweerwolf wrote:
Nooooo I wouldn't say that :)
As for the crash thought. I was thinking that it might have removed some data from the script before it could close the script, if the computer crashed when playing music.
It fails when installing the script.
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

I tried that but it doesn't make any difference.
Try optimising the database before re-attempting a clean install of the script.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

maybe they "ms" have updated whatever they are using for what use to be called jet. and you need that update? :-?
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rovingcowboy wrote:maybe they "ms" have updated whatever they are using for what use to be called jet. and you need that update? :-?
Huh?
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Hmz. Just noticed Trix hasn't been on for months. I hope all is well with him.

Post by Guest »

The script isn't the problem.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Onweerwolf wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:maybe they "ms" have updated whatever they are using for what use to be called jet. and you need that update? :-?
Huh?
msjet back in win xp did some issues like this before it was updated. if they are still using that or not I'm not sure but it might be needing updated again if they are, if not then what they are using now instead of it might be causing the issue. 8)
Svati

Post by Svati »

I am quite a novice at compiling vbs code, and need help. After copying the code, I am getting 2 Microsoft JScript compilation errors when I attempt to open Media Monkey.

Error msg 1: File C:\....\Randomize Playlist.js Error #1004 Expected ';' Line:1, Column 7

Error msg 2: File C:\....\Randomize Playlist.vbs Error #1025 Expected End of Statement';' Line:176, Column 12

Kindly assist - I would like to use the Randomize feature.
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

Svati,

Download the script from http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... -playlist/. Once downloaded, just doubleclick on the mmip file to install.