iPhone iOS 10 not recognized in MMW [#13677]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

proud_wolf

iPhone iOS 10 not recognized in MMW [#13677]

Post by proud_wolf »

Hi gents,

iOS 10 is out yesterday... and as a result MMW stopped to work with iPhone
Any updates when this would be fixed?

(didn't find any corresponding thread)
Luddite

Re: iPhone iOS 10

Post by Luddite »

Curious about this myself, yet to have a chance to test it.

In the mean time, have you installed the latest iTunes?
vb1953

Post by vb1953 »

Downloaded the latest RC after updating to iOS 10.1

Loading music is working again!
Luddite

Post by Luddite »

vb1953 wrote:Downloaded the latest RC after updating to iOS 10.1

Loading music is working again!
Can confirm, this worked for me as well. Even fixed a minor bug where ringtones would disappear after syncing in MediaMonkey then syncing in iTunes.
proud_wolf

Post by proud_wolf »

Luddite wrote:In the mean time, have you installed the latest iTunes?
definitely
vb1953 wrote:Downloaded the latest RC after updating to iOS 10.1
i have already downloaded the RC
But yet don't have a chance to test (but initial test was successful - no pop-up windows, directory structure and their content was scanned fine)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thank you all for reporting. Keep feedback coming there is still chance to fix things if needed before Release (hopefully not needed)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

I have not been able to get MMW to work with IOS 10.0.1. I downloaded and installed the newest 64 bit Itunes, 12.5.1.21 64 bit. I also DLed and installed MMW 4.1.14 1809. Each time I plug my iPhone 6 plus into the USB port I get an error in iTunesMobileDevice.dll. "Access violation at address 6B55ADB6 in module 'iTunesMobileDevice.dll'. Read of address 00000053." Then MMW crashes.

Is there a way to fix this now or do I have to wait for a new MMW update?
Last edited by crzkat on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I've tested iOS 10.0.1 and works fine for me.

@crzkat
Are you able to see the device in iTunes correctly?
Did you accept the "Trust this PC" prompt on the device?
Just thinking that it could be same issue as this http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13520
proud_wolf

Post by proud_wolf »

proud_wolf wrote:But yet don't have a chance to test
I have done some testing yesterday.
Configuration is following: Windows 10, iPhone iOS10.0.1, iTunes 12.5.1.21, MMW 4.1.14.1809 RC (Gold)
iPhone was synchronized fine. But several minor (i'd say) issues were observed:
  • * some tracks lost ratings (not played during last week (so iOS / iTunes upgrade is not an issue))
  • * some tracks lost were not synchronized ('playcount' and 'last played date' were not updated) - about 10 tracks
  • * overall synchronization takes about 2-3 hours (number of tracks in list: 5000; new approx. 2000). Several times synchronization process hungs MMW. No tracks convertion was done - all tracks in library are finely tided (discogged and convert to iPhone suitable formats)
  • * one strange point: I have one video track in m4v format (somehow it appears in 'Music' collection instead of 'Video'). MMW said that it is unable to copy it to iPhone. This is a bit weird for me, as m4v - is Apple video format
Peke,
if this is possible, could MMW properly treat 'Loved' mark from i<something>?
either bind it to 'Bomb' rating or any other, so this is info is saved.
mrandeson87

Post by mrandeson87 »

What do you mean by "RC"?
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

To answer your questions, yes I can see the phone in iTunes, and I can back it up in iTunes. I also have another program, iMazing which gives me access to the phone's file system which also sees the phone and backs it up. I also tried resetting the location settings, then tried plugging the phone into a running MMW, it did not ask about trusting the computer. The phone did not show up in MMW, so I closed it and opened iTunes which did ask about trusting the computer, and showed the phone. This tells me that MMW is not seeing the phone.

Each time I attempt to connect with MMW the phone is not recognized and I get an error message if I close MMW or unplug the phone. I'm also running the debug version of MMW 4.1.14.1809 so i have generated error messages exactly like the one in my first post, and have sent 3 or 4 of them to the software engineers. I haven't heard anything back, yet.

Could it be because I'm running a 64 bit system?
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

Ludek wrote: Just thinking that it could be same issue as this http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13520
I read the above and that is exactly what happens with MMW and my iPhone, except for the "trust this computer" dialogue. I reset the location and privacy settings as described, however the trust dialogue did not appear when MMW was running and I plugged the phone in. I then tried iTunes and got the "trust this computer' question.
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

Ludek wrote: Are you able to see the device in iTunes correctly?

YES, and I can also see it in another app, iMazing, which gives access to the phone's file system. I was also able to backup the phone using either app.

Did you accept the "Trust this PC" prompt on the device?

I did not see the "trust this PC" prompt when using MMW, even after resetting the location and privacy settings. After not seeing the prompt in MMW I opened Itunes and did get the Trust this PC prompt. That tells me that MMW is not recognizing the iPhone.

Just thinking that it could be same issue as this http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13520
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, I changed the wording accordingly to
'Please accept the "Trust this computer" prompt on your device. If the prompt does not appear then run iTunes.'
Details: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13520

The fix will be in build 4.1.14.1810 to be available here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 85#p427201
You can subscribe the thread and you will be notified once the build is available there.

@crzkat
So after accepting the "Trust this computer" prompt and restarting PC (to be sure that all MM processes are killed) it should work fine even if build 1809.
Anyhow it should definetly work fine in 1810 -- so let's try it later.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

proud_wolf wrote:
  • * some tracks lost ratings (not played during last week (so iOS / iTunes upgrade is not an issue))
I wonder how they losted ratings, in MMW library? AFAIK it is no longer possible to see the star rating in the iOS10 Music app.
It is related to http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13523 that I have just entered.
Probably it no longer make sense to sync star rating from iOS10 to MMW, but going to review whether the "loved" mark could override the star rating.
This could be maybe also reason for the rating lost.
proud_wolf wrote:
  • * some tracks lost were not synchronized ('playcount' and 'last played date' were not updated) - about 10 tracks
I wonder why only some of the tracks. Are the tracks somehow different? Is it consistently reproducible for these tracks?
proud_wolf wrote:
  • * one strange point: I have one video track in m4v format (somehow it appears in 'Music' collection instead of 'Video'). MMW said that it is unable to copy it to iPhone. This is a bit weird for me, as m4v - is Apple video format
Probably the video has some parameters (resolution, framerate) that the iPhone does not support, could you check the parameters in Properties > Details and compare it with configured supported formats on the device?
Also it is a bit strange that it was classified as Music instead of Video, isn't it just audio file renamed to m4v? Or maybe a tag corruption.
Alternatively you could upload it somewhere and send us a link via eSupport ticket to analyze the video.
proud_wolf wrote: if this is possible, could MMW properly treat 'Loved' mark from i<something>?
either bind it to 'Bomb' rating or any other, so this is info is saved.
[/quote]
Entered as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13523