Milkdrop 2 MediaMonkey Port

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tarasis

Re: Milkdrop 2 MediaMonkey Port

Post by tarasis »

I'm having an issue with Fullscreen and Desktop Modes on Windows 10.

When I run my desktop at 2560x1080, and neither mode works properly for me. Fullscreen turns the screen black for a short time and then returns to the desktop & MediaMonkey. In Desktop mode is only fills about a 1/3 of the desktop on the right hand side.

If I force the GFX card to use 1920x1080 for the desktop, then the Desktop mode runs properly. Switching the res for Fullscreen mode in options to 1920x1080 works, except that when quitting (pressing Esc) it causes the screen to go black except the mouse pointer is visible and changes as appropriate for going over windows. After a minute or twoa spinning wait icon appears and the desktop reverts to being properly visible.

"12/10/2016 00:14 Application Error Faulting application name: VisHelper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57ea5656
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 21.21.13.7306, time stamp: 0x57f0081d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x006c4da3
Faulting process ID: 0x1e48
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2240ca2ffd3f9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\VisHelper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3baaab0007230109\nvd3dum.dll
Report ID: bcdf8885-7561-4479-bf07-aa85bd6e8f20
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
"

System is

Windows 10 64bit
NVidia GTX 970 (driver 373.06)
16GB Ram
i7-4790k
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Error in nvd3dum.dll indicate issue with buffer release/allocation within driver itself. I teste dand do not have such issue with resolution 3840x1200 on ATI R9 280x card.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mstrange

Post by mstrange »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Error in nvd3dum.dll indicate issue with buffer release/allocation within driver itself. I teste dand do not have such issue with resolution 3840x1200 on ATI R9 280x card.
Hi Peke, is it a constant issue? Do you know which NVIDIA card specifically you're seeing this on? I have an NVIDIA card myself and haven't had any issues so my first thought is hitting a hardware resource limitation of some kind.

You can see if going to Configuration | MORE SETTINGS and setting

Pixel Shaders to "Shader Model 2"

Makes a difference.
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

mstrange wrote:
Hi Peke, is it a constant issue? Do you know which NVIDIA card specifically you're seeing this on? I have an NVIDIA card myself and haven't had any issues so my first thought is hitting a hardware resource limitation of some kind.

You can see if going to Configuration | MORE SETTINGS and setting

Pixel Shaders to "Shader Model 2"

Makes a difference.
Hi mstrange, it was me that was having the issue not Peke :)

The NVidia card is a GTX 970 (Gigabyte Gaming G1), connected with display port to an LG 21:9 monitor (2560x1080).

Test At Native Resolution

If I run with native resolution then the Desktop mode only fills a portion of the screen and the icons flicker through.

Link to image as its only showing half the image here

Using Fullscreen it starts with the screen black and then goes back to the desktop with no visualization running and no errors that I can find anywhere. Setting the Fullscreen resolution to 1920x1080 in the MD2 settings makes no difference.

Test at fixed 1920x1080 resolution

If I set the video card desktop resolution to 1920x1080 (and configure Md2 to use 1920x1080), then desktop mode works properly and fills the whole desktop.

If I try Fullscreen using either Pixel Shader 2 & 3 (in MD2 options), it runs fine but upon exiting (pressing ESC) I get a black screen except for a mouse pointer which reacts to windows that aren't visible and then after a few minutes I get the whirly busy icon on the mouse pointer and the desktop appears properly and the following is in the Windows Error logs:
Faulting application name: VisHelper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57ea5656
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 21.21.13.7306, time stamp: 0x57f0081d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00690ea5
Faulting process ID: 0x3698
Faulting application start time: 0x01d224cd2fb55738
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\VisHelper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3baaab0007230109\nvd3dum.dll
Report ID: 98ade2ad-6206-42b2-9e5a-5426dd6dfa08
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

Cheers Peke. I guess I should try the 368.xx series of drivers and see if they work properly.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please let us know the results. Try also to search web for errors in nvd3dum.dll, as from what I see it is not lone problem.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

Install Milkdrop 2 like this

Winamp plugins needs to be installed as Administrator not as User.

start mmw as administrator
Go to Tools -> Extensions -> ADD
Locate Milkdrop2 plugin installation download
Disable Per User Plugin installation
restart MMW

I got some very strange and misleading error messages. After a few tries, I got a link to download prior versions of Directx.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109
this works as well
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=35

Example error message - Error Compiling ps_2_0 warp shader[/quote]
Compos
TonyDaniel

Post by TonyDaniel »

I´m having an issue as follows.

Win7 64bit
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
Milkdrop 2.25.3.2

When I turn on my PC or restart it, and run MMonkey, Milkdrop2 works perfectly (default settings). I can switch between fullscreen and windowed modes normally.

Then the error begins...

I put my PC to sleep (S3 state). Then, I wake up it and run MMonkey and Milkdrop2 (start windowed), and it works. When I change to fullscreen, I get an VisHelper.exe error (stopped working).

So I change the Milkdrop2 settings to start on fullscreen and run Milkdrop2, and it works. When I change to windowed, I get an VisHelper.exe error (stopped working).

The error only happens when I change de exhibition mode (by using alt+enter or pressing esc), no matter if Milkdrop2 started windowed or fullscreen.

After a boot, everything works fine.
After a wake up, the problem return.

I updated my video card driver, reinstalled MMonkey and Milkdrop, copied VisHelper.exe to Windows/System32 and Windows/SysWOW64, prayed and almost sold my soul hahaha.

I noticed that VisHelper appears as VisHelper *32 at task manager.

So... what can I do?
mstrange

Post by mstrange »

TonyDaniel wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm I´m having an issue as follows.

Win7 64bit
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
Milkdrop 2.25.3.2

When I turn on my PC or restart it, and run MMonkey, Milkdrop2 works perfectly (default settings). I can switch between fullscreen and windowed modes normally.

Then the error begins...

I put my PC to sleep (S3 state). Then, I wake up it and run MMonkey and Milkdrop2 (start windowed), and it works. When I change to fullscreen, I get an VisHelper.exe error (stopped working).

So I change the Milkdrop2 settings to start on fullscreen and run Milkdrop2, and it works. When I change to windowed, I get an VisHelper.exe error (stopped working).

The error only happens when I change de exhibition mode (by using alt+enter or pressing esc), no matter if Milkdrop2 started windowed or fullscreen.

After a boot, everything works fine.
After a wake up, the problem return.

I updated my video card driver, reinstalled MMonkey and Milkdrop, copied VisHelper.exe to Windows/System32 and Windows/SysWOW64, prayed and almost sold my soul hahaha.

I noticed that VisHelper appears as VisHelper *32 at task manager.

So... what can I do?
Sry for the slow response I think i fixed my email settings now. I am not familiar enough with the ecosystem of PC laptop GPUs to tell you whether it's a common driver-side or app-side bug off the top of my head.

I would see if the same issue reproduces with the plugin when hosted in Foobar2000.

If so then it's likely an issue with your specific graphics card or driver (Milkdrop tears down most everything when it closes so I don't know what state it would be hanging on to).

If not, then it is probably specific to MediaMonkey and if you have software development experience you can try compiling the code in my github in debug mode and running it to repro the crash and see what the stacktrace is. Unfortunately I'm busy with some other things ATM so I can't look personally. But that's how I'd go about fixing it myself.