sorting ONLY by album artist [#12555]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Juanse

Re: sorting ONLY by album artist

Post by Juanse »

You want me to upload the tracks from my device?

The problem is clear: MMA is copying the artist tag to album artist, for example:
I have in MMW a file that has this properties:

Artist: Jarrett - Peacock - DeJohnette
Album Artist: Keith Jarrett

In the Media Tree in MMW i see this files under Album Artist > Keith Jarrett. So that´s ok.

but after syncing, in MMA i see them under Album Artist > Jarrett - Peacock - DeJohnette, and if i go to properties for those files, "Album Artist" has been changed to Jarrett - Peacock - DeJohnette, copying the Arist Tag, and the same with other files, so I get this in my Album Artist view: (where i should have one entry only)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Juanse,

I'm not able to replicate this at all. Album Artist and Artist are correctly synced, and both display correctly in the Album Artist views.

The only thing I can think of is that the Android Media Scanner is doing this for some reason. Hard to say.

Can you:
- send me a link to a couple of the files that exhibit the problem?
- confirm what device this occurs on?

Thanks.

-Rusty
Juanse

Post by Juanse »

Ok, I factory reset the phone (Sony Z3c) and it solved that problem, but now all the album art is missing and... songs won't even play. Nothing happens. No problem in other apps. Thanks for the help rusty, but I quit.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for your persistence. I hadn't realized you were using a Sony Z3C. There have been a number of reports of problems with those devices that we're working on (updated MMW beta):
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12555

-Rusty
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

I'm having this same problem with an Xperia z5c. I'm syncing with MMW (both USB and wifi). MMA is calling the Album artist what is actually the artist for either the first or last track of an album. But the albums are also correctly listing under the album artist (e.g. Various Artists) as far as I can see.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can youplease post screenshots of what you describe?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tommycrock

Re: sorting ONLY by album artist [#12555]

Post by tommycrock »

e.g. William Elliott Whitmore is just an artist on the VA comp Germs of Perfection:
but I realised, looking at the details of the tracks in this case that the wrong ones point to files that don't exist. I'm not sure if the file has previously existed or why it says a different duration.
tommycrock

Re: sorting ONLY by album artist [#12555]

Post by tommycrock »

This is not just one album by the way, just one example.
Looking at the folder where the wrong duplicate with missing files are supposed to be, the modified date is the date of the last wi-fi sync

unlike the correct location

These are my MMW settings: