SD card corruption issues

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

meredeth b.

SD card corruption issues

Post by meredeth b. »

I've been struggling with this issues for a few weeks now, so I thought I'd submit a bug report..

I've got a large-ish library, about 7900 tracks, and I've got them on a 128 GB SD card. my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, running Android 6.01. basically, everything works fine for a while, a couple of days, maybe a week, and then my whole phone slows way down, and none of my apps can use the SD card. so I close everything down, go into the phone settings, unmount the card, and then try to mount it again, but at that point my phone always says the card is corrupted. I've been through 3 cards this way now. sometimes I can read the card on my desktop afterwards, sometimes not. I know some of my tracks didn't transfer properly, because there were a few that would stop playing halfway through, and two that wouldn't play at all, but I'm not sure that's related, because the last two corruptions didn't seem to be related to bad tracks. all my tracks have been transferred by putting the SD card in my PC and copy/pasting, as I have never been able to get syncing to work properly.

at any rate, I submitted a log, #YEWFWVKADP.

thanks much~
meredeth b

Re: SD card corruption issues

Post by meredeth b »

okay, well, in the interest of not buying yet another SD card, i put the card in my desktop to see what i could do for it, and it opened up just fine. i replaced the files i thought might be the problem and popped the card back into my phone, and voila, both the phone and MMAndroid recognize all my files just fine...i tried opening a few other apps and even the camera, which is what i had open last time when it failed, i think, but it seems to be running okay now... even the files i replaced play fine now... guess i'll submit another log if things go wonky again, but... #cautiouslyOptimistic
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

I'm curious: why do you think this is MMA's fault, and not another app?

Not meant as a challenge - perhaps you forgot to explain your reasoning in your post.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Is it possible that you card is entered protected mode, what is the card type.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
meredeth b

Post by meredeth b »

hello again~

my sd card is 128 gb class 10, it's an in-house brand i bought at my local Microcenter/electronics store. (i've only ever had one other card from them go bad on me, so i don't have any reason to doubt the quality, i buy these things all the time...) also, i guess i'm assuming it's MM-related for a couple of reasons. a) i haven't had any other cards get corrupted w this phone before, b) i haven't installed any other apps recently, and c) MM was open and running during every incident... i guess there were some other apps that were open at the time as well, but these are apps i have open constantly, Chrome and Twitter, Tumblr, etc.

thanks for the help, let me know if there's any other info i can provide~