MMA randomly pauses playback (triggered by other apps)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

artiem

MMA randomly pauses playback (triggered by other apps)

Post by artiem »

For some reason MMA keeps stopping playback at random times. The app doesn't crash, it just stops playing--like someone hit the Pause button. When I hit Play again, it resumes from the stopped point.

This happens randomly--sometimes it will play for a half hour or more, other times it stops within minutes.

This happens whether I am using wired headphones or a Bluetooth audio device. It also happens whether I am playing from UPnP connection, or from locally-stored files.

MMA 1.3.0.0685
Android 7.0

Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: MMA randomly pauses playback

Post by Lowlander »

Could you be pocket pausing?
artiem

Post by artiem »

Lowlander wrote:Could you be pocket pausing?
Pretty sure that's not it...it's just lying face-up on my desk throughout the day.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then send a debug log (from About screen) right after you experience this. Either reply here or in a Support Ticket with the logID.
artiem

Post by artiem »

OK, will do. I'm going to wait to reply until I catch 3-4 of these, will include all log IDs then.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have maybe encountered this, but only with wired headphones (so I'm note sure if MMA stopped or headphones had a disconnect or I pocket paused as device is in my pocket).
artiem

Post by artiem »

OK, here are 3 logs of the occurrence that happened this morning:
C828ARWX1H
8GCQWNZGD7
Q57P139GIW

I sent another log right before the last one but neglected to write down the log ID before hitting OK, so you'll see a duplicate uploaded. The detail descripton for all was "MMA randomly pauses playback".

All of these occurred while connected to a Bluetooth output device (Bose Soundlink Color II).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

artiem

Re: MMA randomly pauses playback [#14171]

Post by artiem »

A couple more from this afternoon:
RSCTMNPPBN
WDNC1FMUA5

Both of these occured while playback via standard wired headphones.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

In all your logs AUDIOFOCUS_LOSS happened.
This event occurs when some other app need audio output(e.g other music player) or on receiving call.
Sometimes ago one user had this issue with "NewsOn" installed, other with some CyanogenMod beta version.
1)Do you have installed some other media player?
2)Does bug occur when you play music in other player?
3)Any idea what app can cause it?
artiem

Post by artiem »

Thanks for the info. I don't have any other media players installed, but I did have them installed previously (like, before this began happening). The Bose Connect app has its own basic playback controller (Play/Pause/Previous/Next), so there's a possibility. I'll uninstall it, and see what happens.

I have never had "NewsOn" installed.

Is there way to enable logging within Android, so we could see what other apps is claiming the audio?
artiem

Post by artiem »

Update: Uninstalling Bose Connect and restarting the phone has not helped. Logs generated today:
DYQ1TMTE5EU
12EZYPIWGD
7G6JRZZZP9
PYFMY347MS

The last thing I'm going to try is to uninstall MMremote & see if that changes anything.
rusty

Post by rusty »

OK, let us know. I have a feeling it's something specific to your environment...

Thanks.

-Rusty
artiem

Post by artiem »

Update: Uninstalling MMremote appears to have solved the issue. Many hours were spent in playback over the weekend, with no pauses at all since removing MMremote.

I re-installed MMremote about a day ago, and still haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but for now am leaving off an internal setting in that app to pause playback on receipt of a phone call--it's the closest thing I could find in the MMremote settings that sounds like it could be causing the AUDIOFOCUS_LOSS conflict.

Will provide another update @ end of week, but for now this sounds like something I should take up with the MMremote developer--assuming I can reproduce the problem.
Bogert

Post by Bogert »

artiem wrote:Update: Uninstalling MMremote appears to have solved the issue. Many hours were spent in playback over the weekend, with no pauses at all since removing MMremote.
Thanks for the update Artie, I uninstalled MMremote and that got it working again like yours. That pausing was annoying wasn't it.
Last edited by Bogert on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.