Output to Bluetooth speakers

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

WernerP

Output to Bluetooth speakers

Post by WernerP »

Hello,
Not being very tech-minded, I have a question. I've been using MM 4.1.19.1859 for some time now and I'm thinking about upgrading to Gold. I'm currently planning to buy a pair of Bluetooth speakers to be able to let my media library stream from my PC. Before buying said speakers though, I would like to know if this is technically possible and if I need to install some plugins - remark that if you think this is a stupid question, I'm absolutely not tech-savvy. Also, any recommendations as to which speakers to use are more than welcome.
Lowlander

Re: Output to Bluetooth speakers

Post by Lowlander »

It is possible. You may need to configure through Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins.
WernerP

Post by WernerP »

Any idea which plugin I might need?
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Technically it is your computer that is going to send the bluetooth signal and that is what you first need to be sure will work and how it does so. Then you can ask how to set up MM to play through your computer to the bluetooth speakers. That said, if your computer will play to bluetooth I can't see why MM couldn't be a source.
WernerP wrote:Any idea which plugin I might need?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Assuming you are using Windows 7 or higher, when you connect the Bluetooth speakers they will identify as an audio device and Windows should automatically set it as the default audio device. Sometimes getting Windows to connect to a Bluetooth devices can be a pain, though.
UsaBlue53

Post by UsaBlue53 »

I need help with Bluetooth also. I have a Bluetooth capable stereo in my shop. My plan was always to rip my CD's to my laptop then play them on the steroe since it is limited to 5CD's I thought this would save me a bunch of disc swapping. It has however turned out to be a real PITA. First Windows Media Player, I can rip the files, see them and see the device to connect to but can I get it to play on the Stereo, can I hell. This brought me here to MM. I thought I would try this and then upgrade to Gold, full of confidence that this would work. However I can not even see any option to use any form of Bluetooth anywhere in my download.
What am I doing wrong, all I want to do is rip music and play through my stereo. Now bear in mind I'm a 60 year old with limited tech savvy, could not tell you the difference between MP3 and channel 3.
I do remember when downloading an option for MM to talk to the TV PS3 and Xbox etc, unchecked and I left it so, could that be the root cause? Sorry I'm a dumbass with tech stuff,love it but am dangerous. Thanks for any help, I did read some but some of it I might as well be reading Swahili it is so foreign to me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to connect Windows to your Bluetooth Speaker. Once Windows is connected most software will be able to play to them. If your PC is Bluetooth capable there likely is a Bluetooth icon in the System Tray on the Taskbar.
bateye23

Post by bateye23 »

It's working fine, I'm alternating between JBL and Doss speaker and it's working perfectly, I haven't encounter a problem.
Stedmister

Post by Stedmister »

I have tried to change the output, but it's not switching over to my device
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried switching Audio Device in the Output Plug-in (not switching Output Plug-in) by Configuring the active Output Plug-in under Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins. Setting it to Default Device should use you system default Audio Device, so if that's set to Bluetooth, MediaMonkey will also output over Bluetooth.