Synced folder names on Android

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

devolution

Synced folder names on Android

Post by devolution »

I use MMW for syncing files to my HTC One M8, on which I use MMA to listen to music. MMW is version 4.19 and I pretty consistently update it as new versions are released.

I use both the internal storage on the HTC as well SD cards. Everything basically works fine. The one odd behavior that I have noticed though is that the naming of folders on the device seems to vary, with no clear reason why. When viewing the folder list on the device from within MMW, most of them show up as "<Artist> - <Album>", which seems to be the convention MMW uses 95% of the time. Sometimes, however, there will be just a root folder with the artist name on it and then a bunch of subfolders, one for each album with its respective name on the containing folder.

Honestly I would prefer the latter folder-naming convention, but I can't really figure out how MMW decides what it's going to do, and there's no obvious way to tell it which one to use. Can someone please shed some light on why it keeps switching back and forth between the two conventions and tell me if perhaps there is a way to force one or the other?
Lowlander

Re: Synced folder names on Android

Post by Lowlander »

Did you check what is set in the 2 Device Profiles? Also any past synced files won't get renamed automatically, that is an option you need to enable.

PS. 4.1.20 is the latest release.
devolution

Post by devolution »

Yeah, I just got the notification of the 4.20 release today. updated on the work computer but not the home one yet.

How do I enable that option? I never expected previously synced ones to be changeable, I'm just wondering why sometimes it does one thing and others, the other.

I haven't really looked at the device profile(s). My recollection is there wasn't anything listed specifically for the M8.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Every device you sync from MediaMonkey has a Device Profile under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync. There you can setup the Mask for destination and the option to enforce it for existing files.
devolution

Post by devolution »

OK, I will check into that.
devolution

Post by devolution »

Okay, that was where I needed to look and I found where to update the masks. Thanks for your help.