Video sync/scan can't be unchecked

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Polst839790

Video sync/scan can't be unchecked

Post by Polst839790 »

Hi, I had this bug since the last time I re-installed MM.
Basically if I go in my Portable Device Sync settings, and I try to uncheck the "Video" folder under "Options-->File Locations-->Other media files" it does uncheck but when I click on OK and I go back to the same setting, all the checkboxes are back to checked. Because of this behaviour, even if I try to remove the folder from the "Choose library folders" on the Android app, the Windows app forces it back as soon as I sync something and it scans for videos too. It's highly annoying and time consuming.

I also want to specify that the sync of new files from device library to pc library is disabled, so that is NOT the problem.

System Info:
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.309
MediaMonkey 4.1.20.1864, installed clean (not through update), no plugins installed

I feel completely comfortable manually editing files and registry entries, so any kind of temporary solution, if possible, is highly appreciated :(

P.S.: I tried to search in the forum for similar bugs but I didn't find anything. I hope I tried enough different keywords.
Lowlander

Re: Video sync/scan can't be unchecked

Post by Lowlander »

Are any of it's sub-folders still selected after you deselect it?
Polst839790

Post by Polst839790 »

Lowlander wrote:Are any of it's sub-folders still selected after you deselect it?
Yes, all of them, but I've tried every possible combination:
- Deselecting only "Video"
- Deselecting only its subfolders
- Deselecting both "Video" and its subfolders

All of these cases lead to the same result, once I click on OK and go back to see if the changes were actually saved, all the checkboxes are still checked.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I've also tried running MM as Administrator, same result.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then I suggest capturing this in a debug log (step 4b) and attaching the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Jonathanzz

Post by Jonathanzz »

Thanks for the reply.
Polst839790

Post by Polst839790 »

First of all, this thread is 6 months old.

Second... uhm... Who is talking about Dropbox? :o
I don't know what you got from the post but you're completely off track (pun not intended :roll:)

But I'm taking this opportunity to say that I still have this problem
Poppy987

Post by Poppy987 »

Polst839790 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 am First of all, this thread is 6 months old.

Second... uhm... Who is talking about Dropbox? :o
I don't know what you got from the post but you're completely off track (pun not intended :roll:)

But I'm taking this opportunity to say that I still have this problem
I have the same problem. It is still not resolved.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Everything works right with my settings.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Polst839790

Post by Polst839790 »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:35 pm Everything works right with my settings.
Interesting, I'll try to replicate your settings as close as possible, although I think I've already tried something similar once but I'm not entirely sure.

P.S. (unrelated to this reply): my previous reply about Dropbox was quoting another reply that someone conveniently deleted instead of just being mature and just saying "whoops" but whatever, this is the internet right? :roll:
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

some people just do not have the size to say: sorry, my suggestion is a nonsense.
But again to my solution: in picture 2 and 3 it is determined what should be synchronized. Figure 5 defines the destination folder for each type of file on the device. Although the destination folder for "Video" must be described in this setting, it is not synchronized according to Figure 2. You can not deselect anything.

Google translation
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation