Ipod Touch 6th Gen Not Recognized by MM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

tlswms

Ipod Touch 6th Gen Not Recognized by MM

Post by tlswms »

I've read thru as many topics as I can find and tried multiple suggestions but MM doesn't recognize my recently acquired used Ipod Touch 6th Gen. Is it just not compatible and if I want to use it must I use Itunes or what might I be doing wrong?
Lowlander

Re: Ipod Touch 6th Gen Not Recognized by MM

Post by Lowlander »

Do iTunes and Windows see it? Could it be disabled under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync (and make sure d_iPhone.dll is listed there)?
tlswms

Post by tlswms »

thanks for the reply -- yes, both itunes and windows see it and I did make sure d_iphone is there -- oddly, I thought, d_ipod is there too...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

d_iPhone is there for iOS devices which includes the iPod Touch. Which version of MediaMonkey are you using and did you see the Device Profile for the iPod Touch under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync.
tlswms

Post by tlswms »

4.1.20 1864 --

there are 2 there that say ipod (not ipod touch) one has the d_ipod and the other has the d_iphone listed as the plug in
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

4.1.21 is the latest: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d

That may not solve it, in which case you can capture the connecting of the iPod with MediaMonkey running in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=3&t=69