GPM integration [#15002][#14983][#15023][#14980][#14981][#14668][#14955][#14958][#14959][#14936][#14933][#14934][#15072]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Re: GPM integration [#15002][#14983][#15023][#14980][#14981][#14668][#14955][#14958][#14959][#14936][#14933][#14934][#15

Post by Barry4679 »

thanks for tip.

00406EF9: the latest version of mm5 (2127) seems to have completely broken GPM integration

Any workaround, or a private build that fixes this problem?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: GPM integration [#15002][#14983][#15023][#14980][#14981][#14668][#14955][#14958][#14959][#14936][#14933][#14934][#15

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
you are probably referring to https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15149 caused by Chromium update?
Should be OK in 2128, please confirm.

Thanks!
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 am you are probably referring to https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15149 caused by Chromium update?
Should be OK in 2128, please confirm.
Yes, issue was fixed by 2128 update.

I am just getting started with 2128, but it looks good.
Using the Column Browser on the Source column is effective to detect tracks that could not be matched by GPM->MM synch :D
On 1st run I had 1709 tracks that you could not match. Many are because the Google Music Manager has failed to upload some albums to Google. ... This has been invisible to me before, and MM5 is a great tool to detect and fix this.

It looks like the Google Music Manager upload is triggered by folders|tracks with creation date more recent than their last check. Once a track has been missed by the Google Music Manager, it seems to remain invisible to them. ... It can be fixed copying new versions of tracks to the folder that they monitor, but I found that the simplest way is to fix by taking manual control of upload for these items; ie. use Windows Explorer to drag the folder of the missed tracks to the PC version of the Google Player, which initiates the upload.

I fixed a few by retagging my Google copies: ie. things like remove tag suffixes like [Enhanced Version] from Album tags, or fix the Artist tags for albums where Google and I disagree whether tracks should be tagged as "Artist 1; Artist 2" vs "Artist 1 & Artist 2"

Fixing issues is relatively easy & quick to detect & fix, where whole albums are affected.

It is going to become more work where just single tracks from lots & lots of albums failed to be matched.
I am going to investigate the generic causes, and summarise them for you. Hopefully you can avoid some of them. ... Maybe a 2nd mop up pass to try and match items that failed your bulk tuned first pass approach ... I think that a lot of it could be avoided by some fuzzy logic or regex patterns to ignore some punctuation, blanks etc ... I get back to you when I analysed this.

The Column Browser on the Source column approach is also effective to identify tracks in Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks which are candidates for adding to the MM db, or to download ... it all works really well :D

Downloading is better now ..., but not completely debugged
What works:
  • tracks are downloaded to my custom download location
  • tracks have tags .. just the basic ones (Artist, Album & Track ... also Genre sometimes) ... no AlbumArtist, Track#, Composer, Year
Issues:
  • no log of download issues ... I asked it to download a bunch of albums, and went away .. when i can back it had "completed", but some albums where missing groups of tracks .. I repeated for those albums, and it got all tracks ok on the 2nd attempt
  • all tracks are downloaded in a flat directory ... this is what many people will want ... but album focused users may prefer that the tracks be downloaded into AlbumArtist/Album, or just Album folders ... when you had the bug where you were ignoring the custom download location, you seemed to downloading into this kind of hierarchical file structure ... is possible to have this as a download option?
  • I got one hang which happened while I was playing with downloads ... it froze without an obvious error dbox ... I had to terminate with the Task manager ... when i powered down my computer, the power down was suspended due to the following error which I not seen before ... maybe it was related to the hang during my download experiment ... that was the only issue that I noticed while playing with 2128
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubu18zxao5jgp ... h.png?dl=0

I will have more info for you when I have spent more time with 2128
It all looks very promising. ... good and attractive tools ... snappy response ... gives users a good set of options for managing their web track locations and integrating it all with MM :)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

There seems to be some generic causes of MM5 failure to match tracks uploaded to GPM, against local track copies.

I checked my GPM library to ensure that each of the following tracks were successfully uploaded to GPM, and I checked the tags to make sure that there are not tag differences causing the mismatches.

I have roughly 1,000 tracks unmatched. .... The following causes, in descending order of significance, account for many of the mismatches.
There may be other causes, but the following reasons generate so many mismatches, so it becomes tedious to look for additional issues ... I will look again if you can fix these issues.

Some mismatches appear to be coming from your tuning, or maybe fuzzy logic to avoid mismatches

Each of these instances are in a single album. ... matching of one album track appears to be blocking matching of the other track in the same album.

ie. where an album contains the following two track titles, the first track is matched, and the second remains unmatched
Spacewalk Part 1
Spacewalk Part 2

Same thing with:
Extract 1 from the Alan Parsons Project Audio Guide
Extract 2 from the Alan Parsons Project Audio Guide

This may be the same thing (I can't see any other reason for the mismatch)
En If <==== this one matched
If <==== this one not matched

And here:
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", III ... matched
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", IV ... matched
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", I ... unmatched
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", II ... unmatched

Samba do avio / with Nelson Riddle <===matched
Ela carioca / Nelson Riddle <===not matched

Up On Cripple Creek (Alternate Take) <==matched
Up On Cripple Creek <==not matched

Album Track has same name as the album, ie. track tag == album tag
eg track: Aladdin Sane on the album Aladdin Sane by David Bowie ... just this track is unmatched for the album

Lots of incidents of this

Album Titles or artist names mismatched because they contains special characters
examples:
album tag: P.S.
album tag: Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
album tag: Live at the Great American Music Hall, San Francisco Aug 31-Sept 1 2011
(Album)Artist tag: Gary Clark, Jr. .... all tracks for this artist are unmatched

all have every track unmatched

Google Music Manager may introduce or truncate spaces in some instances ... all these tracks are unmatched
ie, track tag L'Aube somehow became L' Aube after upload to GPM ... ie. a blank inserted between L' and A
track tag: Vague / E La Nave Va becomes Vague/E la Nave Va ... ie. a blank truncated this time
track tag: Dissassociation/100% Proof became Disassociation / 100% Proof .... blanks inserted

since it is variable, it is probably due to GPM saving the upload, by using their own copies of the tracks.
Could you consider doing a 2nd pass, of just unmatched items, and try to obtain matches ignoring spaces and punctuation

This would allow the above to be matched, as well as tracks like "Oh, Pretty Baby" to match "Oh Pretty Baby" where the GPM copy has gained or lost some punctuation

Do multi-tagged albums get the special character handling that other albums get?
Album title "The Road to Escondido" Artist tag: "J.J. Cale & Eric Clapton" ... AlbumArtist tag: "J.J. Cale; Eric Clapton"
Every track was matched, except for these three tracks ... all have special characters in the track title ... none of the matched tracks had special characters:
It's Easy
Don't Cry Sister
Who Am I Telling You?

So far I have noticed this problem only on this one album.
The question is ... do albums with multiple (album)artist tags get the same special character handling as "normal" albums?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

You saw my last post from two weeks ago?
viewtopic.php?p=450713#p450713

I am asking because it is a big thread ... and you didn't respond to either of my last two posts to that thread, and none of the issues raised are addressed in 2130.

I withdraw the following question, as I see that this addressed by adding <Artist>\<Album>\<Title> to a custom download path
Barry4679 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 pm
  • all tracks are downloaded in a flat directory ... this is what many people will want ... but album focused users may prefer that the tracks be downloaded into AlbumArtist/Album, or just Album folders ... when you had the bug where you were ignoring the custom download location, you seemed to downloading into this kind of hierarchical file structure ... is possible to have this as a download option?
The other issues remain.

I still have over 1,000 unmatched tracks. I would like to sift through the remaining problem tracks to see if there are any other generic causes of mismatch, but it is too tiresome until you fix at least the first two issues from that previous report.

New observations and questions: 2130

Devices&Services>GPM unexpected sync during configuration: install new version of MM5, configure Devices&Services>GPM RemoteContent tab: set to ON: "On sync, update links ... set a custom download location ... Set to OFF: all others (Add Links & Down tracks & Synch GPM tags) ... SyncSchedule: Manual ... Last Synced: Never ... Press Apply button. ... it immediately starts a sync .. why? ... There is also a "Sync Now" button, which indicates that I have manual control over sync. I didn't press that button ... I was only setting options ... I might not be done yet, so sync is premature.

Devices&Services>GPM ... unable to configure a custom download location without first checking "Download GPM connect missing from library" .... Your UI design makes it look like the custom download location only affects bulk download via the sync function ... this is not true, it also provides a custom location for manual downloads via the track right click menu ... I should be able to configure this option without setting on the bulk sync option. I may forget to uncheck it, which would cause a sync to pollute my MM library with junk from my GPM library.

Media Tree node "Downloads" node is broken: downloads are functioning OK, but the node is broken ... queued download requests are no longer visible ... only shows 2 active items, not queued items ... (btw, why 2 items ? .. Tools|Options|Downloads NumberOfConcurrentDownloads is set to 4) ... the MediaTree node is useless now ... it is created showing 2 entries, and then is closed seconds later, and then in a split seconds is created again for 2 fresh items ... if I click on the node while it is in existence for a second, I am bounced out when the download of the current 2 items is complete ... I am bounced to the Home screen, ie. not back to where I came from (Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks) ... I can't get back to where I came from without waiting while you go through the metadata download delay again. .... if I just hit the Back button on the toolbar< I get the wheel is spinning in two unusual location; the menu bar, AND the Tool bar bread crumb (see below) ... and it runs forever, and the (invisible) download is not completed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25pva3tb8eo02 ... s.png?dl=0

Column Browser in Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks not refreshing ... set up column Browser, with Browser col 1 = Source .... navigate to EntireLibarary>AllTracks using Media Tree ... use Media Tree to reopen Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks ... the column browser is not refreshed properly .. it shows only 1 source (RightArrow|cloud) ... I need to switch col1 of the Column Browser to display some other column, then back to Source col before I can see the other 2 sources (downloadarrow|cloud and speakericon|cloud)

Can you please describe the difference between Tools|Option|Downloads DefaultDownloadLocation and Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo? ... if I customise the 1st one, and don't customise the 2nd one, where will GPM downloads be delivered to?

Devices&Services>GPM Options tab ... Setting Profile ... what is this? Is it related to GPM settings? ... I tried Reset Settings ... I did not seem to lose if the config settings that I had made on the Remote Content tab.

Devices&Services>GPM AutoConversion tab ... Supported formats for GPM is empty by default. ... GPM transcodes nearly everything to mp3 ... could you default GPM supported formats to mp3, so that your autoconversion defaults settings have a sensible default "incompatible" assumptions?
https://support.google.com/googleplaymu ... 0462?hl=en
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 am I still have over 1,000 unmatched tracks. I would like to sift through the remaining problem tracks to see if there are any other generic causes of mismatch, but it is too tiresome until you fix at least the first two issues from that previous report.
I guess it is nearly impossible to match with all kinds of the tag damages doing by Google's uploader (and the tag differences). i.e. the only way to have 1:1 library match is to use MM5 for uploading the tracks (as discussed before)
Devices&Services>GPM unexpected sync during configuration: install new version of MM5, configure Devices&Services>GPM RemoteContent tab: set to ON: "On sync, update links ... set a custom download location ... Set to OFF: all others (Add Links & Down tracks & Synch GPM tags) ... SyncSchedule: Manual ... Last Synced: Never ... Press Apply button. ... it immediately starts a sync .. why? ... There is also a "Sync Now" button, which indicates that I have manual control over sync. I didn't press that button ... I was only setting options ... I might not be done yet, so sync is premature.
You are true, this seems a small glitch. It is survival from the times when scan and sync used to be different actions. Now, when it is all under the 'sync' action then 'Apply' shouldn't launch the 'sync'. I'll fix this for the next build as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15195
Devices&Services>GPM ... unable to configure a custom download location without first checking "Download GPM connect missing from library" .... Your UI design makes it look like the custom download location only affects bulk download via the sync function ... this is not true, it also provides a custom location for manual downloads via the track right click menu ... I should be able to configure this option without setting on the bulk sync option. I may forget to uncheck it, which would cause a sync to pollute my MM library with junk from my GPM library.
Are you sure that this isn't your test error? I've just tested on clean install (just logged into GPM account), right-click of a track in D&S > GPM > All track and it was correctly downloaded to the GPM location : https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3d58h5ybwqc5 ... 9.png?dl=0
Media Tree node "Downloads" node is broken: downloads are functioning OK, but the node is broken ... queued download requests are no longer visible ... only shows 2 active items, not queued items ... (btw, why 2 items ? .. Tools|Options|Downloads NumberOfConcurrentDownloads is set to 4) ...
I see , this happens when getting the stream URL takes longer than actual downloading. Because the seconds track is queued only once the stream URL for the second track is obtained (which takes similar time like downloading of the first track) -- i.e. 2 seconds in my case. So that's probably the case for you too?
Column Browser in Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks not refreshing ... set up column Browser, with Browser col 1 = Source .... navigate to EntireLibarary>AllTracks using Media Tree ... use Media Tree to reopen Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks ... the column browser is not refreshed properly .. it shows only 1 source (RightArrow|cloud) ... I need to switch col1 of the Column Browser to display some other column, then back to Source col before I can see the other 2 sources (downloadarrow|cloud and speakericon|cloud)
Yes, I see this too. You need to press F5 to get this refreshed. To be fixed.
Can you please describe the difference between Tools|Option|Downloads DefaultDownloadLocation and Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo? ... if I customise the 1st one, and don't customise the 2nd one, where will GPM downloads be delivered to?
GPM downloads should be always delivered to Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo
Devices&Services>GPM Options tab ... Setting Profile ... what is this? Is it related to GPM settings? ... I tried Reset Settings ... I did not seem to lose if the config settings that I had made on the Remote Content tab.
This is settings profile for the [Options] page only as used to be in MM4. It is rahter device settings (supported formats / auto-conversions / artwork format etc.), it is not the "user settings" of library and its content. But I agree that this should be clarified, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15194
Devices&Services>GPM AutoConversion tab ... Supported formats for GPM is empty by default. ... GPM transcodes nearly everything to mp3 ... could you default GPM supported formats to mp3, so that your autoconversion defaults settings have a sensible default "incompatible" assumptions?
https://support.google.com/googleplaymu ... 0462?hl=en
Are you sure that you haven't cleared the default rules? The default supported format is MP3 audio and the default rules looks like this for GPM:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/65q20lbcfj3p0 ... 3.png?dl=0
I've just tested on clean install (deleted Portable folder without import from MM4) , immediately after logging into new GPM account.

EDIT: Ahh, ok, I see. The [Reset settings] clears the default rules/formats. Tracked as item 2 here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15194
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 am
Barry4679 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 am I still have over 1,000 unmatched tracks. I would like to sift through the remaining problem tracks to see if there are any other generic causes of mismatch, but it is too tiresome until you fix at least the first two issues from that previous report.
I guess it is nearly impossible to match with all kinds of the tag damages doing by Google's uploader (and the tag differences). i.e. the only way to have 1:1 library match is to use MM5 for uploading the tracks (as discussed before)
Maybe you did not notice this post?
viewtopic.php?p=450713#p450713

Many (maybe most) of my mismatches are due to what looks like a glitch in your matching logic. ... ie. not tag damage due to Google's uploader

[further explanation about the 1st point in the following quote] all the track tags have been transfered OK by Google uploader ... it looks like when you successfully match some tracks, this blocks you from successfully matching some other tracks in the same album ... ie. when a fragment of the matched track title is also contained in the title of another track in the same album.

And there are other issues ... ie. track name which matches the album title, and also album or artist names containing special characters. ... see following quote.

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:24 am
Some mismatches appear to be coming from your tuning, or maybe fuzzy logic to avoid mismatches

Each of these instances are in a single album. ... matching of one album track appears to be blocking matching of the other track in the same album.

ie. where an album contains the following two track titles, the first track is matched, and the second remains unmatched
Spacewalk Part 1
Spacewalk Part 2

Same thing with:
Extract 1 from the Alan Parsons Project Audio Guide
Extract 2 from the Alan Parsons Project Audio Guide

This may be the same thing (I can't see any other reason for the mismatch)
En If <==== this one matched
If <==== this one not matched

And here:
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", III ... matched
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", IV ... matched
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", I ... unmatched
String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat, Op 74 "harp", II ... unmatched

Samba do avio / with Nelson Riddle <===matched
Ela carioca / Nelson Riddle <===not matched

Up On Cripple Creek (Alternate Take) <==matched
Up On Cripple Creek <==not matched

Album Track has same name as the album, ie. track tag == album tag
eg track: Aladdin Sane on the album Aladdin Sane by David Bowie ... just this track is unmatched for the album

Lots of incidents of this

Album Titles or artist names mismatched because they contains special characters
examples:
album tag: P.S.
album tag: Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
album tag: Live at the Great American Music Hall, San Francisco Aug 31-Sept 1 2011
(Album)Artist tag: Gary Clark, Jr. .... all tracks for this artist are unmatched

all have every track unmatched
=============================================
Are you sure that this isn't your test error? I've just tested on clean install (just logged into GPM account), right-click of a track in D&S > GPM > All track and it was correctly downloaded to the GPM location : https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3d58h5ybwqc5 ... 9.png?dl=0
No, that's not what I meant. I didn't describe it clearly enough.

There are two types of downloads: #1. bulk downloads of "new" tracks during a GPM>MM sync ... and #2. Manual downloads via right click menu on selected track(s)

If I am only wanting option #2, I should be able to set a custom download location at Devices&Services>GPM, without first having check @option #1, ie. "Download GPM content missing from library".

Your design makes it look like the custom download location is just for option #1

If I have to check "Download GPM content missing from library" I may forget to uncheck it, which would cause a sync to pollute my MM library with junk from my GPM library.

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 am Media Tree node "Downloads" node is broken: downloads are functioning OK, but the node is broken ... queued download requests are no longer visible ... only shows 2 active items, not queued items ... (btw, why 2 items ? .. Tools|Options|Downloads NumberOfConcurrentDownloads is set to 4) ...
I see , this happens when getting the stream URL takes longer than actual downloading. Because the seconds track is queued only once the stream URL for the second track is obtained (which takes similar time like downloading of the first track) -- i.e. 2 seconds in my case. So that's probably the case for you too?
Yes, I think so. The downloads are very fast. :)

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 am Can you please describe the difference between Tools|Option|Downloads DefaultDownloadLocation and Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo? ... if I customise the 1st one, and don't customise the 2nd one, where will GPM downloads be delivered to?
GPM downloads should be always delivered to Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo
So they are the same thing? ... If so, why doesn't a change to Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo also affect Tools|Option|Downloads DefaultDownloadLocation?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

.. it looks like when you successfully match some tracks, this blocks you from successfully matching some other tracks in the same album ... ie. when a fragment of the matched track title is also contained in the title of another track in the same album.
I've revised the matching algorithm and don't see a reason for this. I've also tested and cannot replicate.
Could you please upload the sample albums and share DropBox link with me?
I will try to sync them to my GPM account then and re-import them to another MM5 instance to see whether the matching also fails then.
You can PM me the link to the sample files / albums. Thx.

EDIT: Ensure that for the tracks the length latitude tolerance is either less than 5 seconds or both the album and artist tags are not empty strings and are equals.
i.e. for the tracks with latitude > 5 seconds both album and artist need to be assigned and exactly matched (to prevent from false matches)

So they are the same thing? ... If so, why doesn't a change to Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo also affect Tools|Option|Downloads DefaultDownloadLocation?
No, they are not the same thing. Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo overrides the default location in Tools|Option|Downloads
So GPM tracks are always downloaded to the GPM location, i.e. it allows to customize the download location per device/storage/service profile.
But to follow you, we should probably tweak a bit so that:
1) The "Save downloads to" shouldn't be grayed out when the above checkbox is unchecked (to be clear that it is used for manual downloads too)
2) By default, the values for Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo and Tools|Option|Downloads should be the same path
Would it be more clear then?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 pm But to follow you, we should probably tweak a bit so that:
1) The "Save downloads to" shouldn't be grayed out when the above checkbox is unchecked (to be clear that it is used for manual downloads too)
2) By default, the values for Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownloadTo and Tools|Option|Downloads should be the same path
Would it be more clear then?
Yes, thanks
Ludek wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 pm I've revised the matching algorithm and don't see a reason for this. I've also tested and cannot replicate.
Could you please upload the sample albums and share DropBox link with me?
I will try to sync them to my GPM account then and re-import them to another MM5 instance to see whether the matching also fails then.
You can PM me the link to the sample files / albums. Thx.
I could do that, but it may be easier for you to download from GPM some of the albums listed below. ... my tracks are flac, and GPM downloads will be 90% smaller mp3 files

I think that you should be able to see the bug if you study the examples below to see the patterns.
Or you could set up a test situation by altering manually altering GPM & MM5 tags as shown below, and then trying a sync.

If that fails, I have uploaded the Jacques Loussier and Stevie Wonder albums to Dropbox, and sent you the link via PM

Title fragment in one matched track blocking matching of another track.

I have many 100's of these ... note the Jacques Loussier, Stevie Wonder and the Bob Dylan examples, which shows the problem is a little more complex than it first appears to be
Lots of examples are due to "Enhanced" re-released CD's where they pad it out the CD with lots of tracks like "XXX (alternate version)" as well as the original track titled "XXX"

AlbumArtist: The Last Poets
Album: This Is Madness
5 unmatched tracks in this album, examples:
Matched Track title: Related To What Chant
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Related To What
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): Related To What
Matched Track title: Black Is
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Black Is Chant
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): Black Is Chant

AlbumArtist: Kendrick Lamar
Album: To Pimp a Butterfly
1 unmatched tracks in this album, examples:
Matched Track title: Institutionalized
Unmatched track title (GPM version): i
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): i

AlbumArtist: Bob Dylan
Album: Self Portrait
.. nb: repeated substring is not in position 1
Matched Track title: In Search of Little Sadie
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Little Sadie
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): Little Sadie

AlbumArtist: Jacques Loussier
Album: Bach's Goldberg Variations
A strange example 27 matched tracks, and 3 unmatched
Matched Track title: Bach Goldberg Variation 1
.. and all tracks up to Bach Goldberg Variation 29 are matched ... but following tracks are unmatched
.. so it looks like you fail to match the 1st re-occurance of the starting substring, but then match any further occurances
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Bach Goldberg Variation 2
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Bach Goldberg Variation 19
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Bach Goldberg Variation 30

AlbumArtist: Yes
Album: The Yes Album
Matched Track title: Yours Is No Disgrace
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Your Move
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): Your Move

AlbumArtist: Stevie Wonder
Album: Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants (disc 2)
.. another case where the repeated substring is not in position 1
Matched Track title: A Seed's a Star/Tree Medley
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Tree
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): Tree

AlbumArtist: Love
Album: Forever Changes
Matched Track title: Your Mind and We Belong Together [Tracking Sessions Highlights]
Unmatched track title (GPM version): Your Mind And We Belong Together
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): Your Mind And We Belong Together

=========================================================

Track matched because it's title is the same as the album title?

This may not be an issue.
eg. I thought the following was a track that was not matched due to album title = track title

AlbumArtist: Sandy Denny
Album: The North Star Grassman and the Ravens
Matched Track title: n/a
Unmatched track title (GPM version): The North Star Grassman and the Ravens
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): The North Star Grassman and the Ravens

but I now see that there is a matched track with title: The Sea Captain ... so it is that track that may be causing the blocking

another example was:

AlbumArtist: Hurray for the Riff Raff
Album: The Navigator
Matched Track title: n/a
Unmatched track title (GPM version): The Navigator
Unmatched track title (MM5 version): The Navigator

but maybe that is blocked because of the track: Living in the City

Many examples like this ... so that was probably a false report
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for sharing the files.

I have tested directly on the two albums that you PMed me. It is 42 tracks in total, I imported them into my library, uploaded, deleted portable folder, imported from GPM and studied the results.

At first I looked at Devices & Services > GPM > All tracks and I saw that all tracks have been matched (has the [hdd][cloud] double icon)
BUT if I looked into my library Music > All tracks then I realized that there were some tracks unmatched.
By studing it I found that actually more than one GPM track was matched with single library track. i.e. two various GPM tracks have been matched with single library track. I guess this is also explanation for the issues observing by you on 40K+ database where mismatches like these are more frequent. I tested only on the 42 tracks' database.

i.e. I am just fixing my algorithm to prevent from the false matches + trying to deal with the small tag damages by GPM uploader too (re-opened https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14934 ).

In 2131 it will be able to pair also titles with additional spaces,
e.g. strings 'Vague / E La Nave Va' and 'Vague/E la Nave Va' are considered as same now.

So please re-test once 2131 is available and report back. Thanks.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:30 am i.e. I am just fixing my algorithm to prevent from the false matches + trying to deal with the small tag damages by GPM uploader too (re-opened https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14934 ).

In 2131 it will be able to pair also titles with additional spaces,
e.g. strings 'Vague / E La Nave Va' and 'Vague/E la Nave Va' are considered as same now.
Great. Thanks, that should fix a big chunk of my issues, and will clarify things, allowing me to look for more generic issues :wink:

I have uploaded two more albums. I suspect both are unmatched due to special characters in the (album)artist or album tags.
In one case the whole album is unmatched, and the other (Gary Clark, Jr.) all tracks for the artist are unmatched.

I have PM'd the download links.
Chondog

Post by Chondog »

I just want to say that I am so happy that both Barry4679 and MM devs are working hard to rectify these GPM integration issues. You folks have put a ton of time into this and I greatly appreciate it since this particular functionality is hugely important to me.

Kudos and keep up the good work!
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Chondog wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:18 am I just want to say that I am so happy that both Barry4679 and MM devs are working hard to rectify these GPM integration issues. You folks have put a ton of time into this and I greatly appreciate it since this particular functionality is hugely important to me.
Thanks Chondog, it is important to me too.

I must say that it is a pleasure working with these Devs. They are so quick, and so open. I think that they have extended GPM integration beyond their initial concept to make useful for the widest range of users.

Some people snipe at the amount of time that is it taking, but I think that their flexibility and attention to detail is going to make MM5 the best.
Corneloues

Post by Corneloues »

Getting the error below when trying to sync with GPM. I've been trying to test several accounts and I've obviously exceeded a Google limit.

Can anyone help with how I reset this? Can I disassociate accounts from this PC so I can start over?

Kinda screwed if I can't. Could also affect users going forward...

Cheers,

Roy
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi Roy,
Corneloues wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm Getting the error below when trying to sync with GPM. I've been trying to test several accounts and I've obviously exceeded a Google limit.
Can anyone help with how I reset this? Can I disassociate accounts from this PC so I can start over?
you have to be careful with your GPM account as there are various limits:
  • max of 50,000 of your own tracks uploaded to your Google account
  • max of 10 devices registered against any single account
  • only a single device playing at any one moment
  • you can de-register a max of 4 devices per year
https://support.google.com/googleplaymu ... 9562?hl=en

You can see your current position against the various restraints, and de-register specific devices, here:
https://play.google.com/music/listen?u= ... untsettings ... see My Devices

One problem is that, AFAIK, you cannot see how you are running against the max number of de-registrations

I ran into this limit while testing MM5's GPM integration. I was testing the authorisation step. I didn't recognise all of my registered devices, and I tried clearing things away so that I could get a fresh start ... mistake!

You say that you are working with multiple accounts. .. ? ... if you are the household IT admin person you will need to look at your work flow, and don't do anything which causes devices to be excessively de-registered against any of the household accounts. ... try and use a single device for each account to do *initial* MM authorisation

Corneloues wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm Kinda screwed if I can't. Could also affect users going forward...
I have been testing MM GPM integration for a while now ... for each new release I blitz the old MM5 release, and start from scratch ... ie. I have to reauthorise MM to my GPM account ... I have done this many times, and have had no problems, so there doesn't seem to be problem with the MM end of this process.

I think that the limit is with de-registration ... ie,. not with registration. ... so you shouldn't be screwed.