How to export playlist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

marcel

How to export playlist

Post by marcel »

hello,

I installed the free MMA apps. I do not plan to sync ever it to MMW.

I would like to know how do I export the playlists that were created on MMA? Where will those files be located (path) on the SD card? Will they be in m3u or text format?

regards
Peke

Re: How to export playlist

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No they won't they are saved in MMA library. Only way to ensure backup is to use MMA to sync them back to PC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
marcel

Post by marcel »

Don't understand!!!!

I recommended MMA to a friend. I am a long time user of MMW. That friend deos not have a PC, will never have a Window PC. That friend want to listen to music, create playlists and export them...

So I should find him another solution and move him away of MMA because somebody forgot a simple feature as export playlist when the MMA is used as an independant app?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
if user do not have PC and just use MMA as player on phone, I wonder why he needs Export feature at all as all that he needs will have in MMA?
Best regards,
Peke
marcel

Post by marcel »

Maybe to back up playlists in text format.
Maybe so that friend could transfer to me those playlists without being oblige to sink a device that do not belong to me
Peke

Post by Peke »

HI,
Both examples you pointed are not designed for Mobile version of an app. As playlists usually contain info only specific to device and TXT backup is not playlist backup but rather Export.

Anyway, not planned in near future. Maybe sending to some other app yes, but not export.
Best regards,
Peke
TSherwood

Post by TSherwood »

"[Playlist export is] not designed for Mobile version of an app. As playlists usually contain info only specific to device." I absolutely, emphatically do not agree that playlists are usually device specific. I use common playlists in many, many different scenarios. The inability to copy/export playlists is one more way in which MMA does not suffice for my needs
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

But playlists have device location dependent information. So you are saying you should be able to take a playlist from MMA and use it in say WMP on a pc? Different locations/paths ... how is that supposed to work.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
LeoMMA99

Post by LeoMMA99 »

They are saved in a glfolder called playlists in m3u format. With dynamic Location i can easily create m3u's on one device, Export it und the mp3's to another device and IT will still Work. Even Media Monkey on PC has this possibility. For some reason it deletes Playlists (doesn't move to trash but Just clears so No restore) at some Point which ist very bad.