2135 Freezes while scanning media every time

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ishmael

2135 Freezes while scanning media every time

Post by ishmael »

While MM5 scans my library it freezes. This happens to me every time so at least its easy to reproduce. Last part of the debug log here https://pastebin.com/zcnRYB90. If you need the entire log let me know. The same issue has been around in previous builds as well.

Thanks!
PetrCBR

Re: 2135 Freezes while scanning media every time

Post by PetrCBR »

Can you check whether it's always freeze on same track (probably Z:\c\Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band\The Dust Blows Forward An Anthology\2-07 Party Of Special Things To Do.mp3) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
ishmael

Re: 2135 Freezes while scanning media every time

Post by ishmael »

After this freeze MM5 will not start properly. First couple of times I got the send log option (that I obviously used) and I tried restart/restart in safemode.
On the third or fourth attempt it starts without any send log question but still freezes but showing UI (when it freezes during scan I just see white..)

I did notice some [6668] MM5 [3300](R) Exception!! - notifyReady wasn't called from JS for 15 seconds!! (D:\Delphi\MediaMonkeyClean\HTML5Monkey\BaseApp.pas, line 4080). What is this static reference to unexisting BaseApp.pas anyhow? (I don't even have a D: drive)

I actually have to delete and reinstall to get it working again. After I reinstalled I only added that single album which was the last scanned album (Captain Beefheart..) before it froze. There was no issues observed and MM5 still works so it's nothing specific with that file.

Please also note the time difference in the log I originally attached between the Captain Beefheart song and the last log entries. For some reasons MM5 never moved past that track but importing only the album with that track works.

I have tried several times to scan /Music without success - it always fails and I end up in this state where I have to delete/reinstall to get MM5 running.
It does not freeze on a specific file, rather after enough files has been processed.

Please let me know if you want me to do specific tests or if I can provide more information that will help you figure out whats wrong.