SQLite No Such Collation Sequence

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

skj88

SQLite No Such Collation Sequence

Post by skj88 »

Hello All

It's been a while since I worked with MM and am trying to get some music files organized. I had quite a fancy Access database that assisted with getting info for the files. Anyway, I hadn't used the Access DB in years. I had been using it with an older version of MM (not sure what version it was, may been 3.X). Everything worked beautifully back then. But that was several years ago.

Anyways, using MM 4.1.21.1875 now and I was working on hooking up my Access DB to the SQLite Database via ODBC and was getting the "No Collation Sequence" errors when I was trying to import the SQLite tables into Access tables. Couldn't find any workarounds. But I did figure out something that does work that I didn't see anyone else mention. The "No Collation Errors" only happens on Linked tables. If I import them, everything imports fine. Characters in artist names appear to be fine (i.e. Motörhead). Also imported Chinese characters correctly into the Access tables.

This seemed too easy of a workaround so I'm worried there might be an issue that I am unaware of by importing as opposed to linking. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable about the unique collation in MM can comment regarding any concerns accessing the MM tables this way.

Thanks,

Steve
Peke

Re: SQLite No Such Collation Sequence

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We use custom Collation in our DB due the limits of SQLite and if you are able to import data from linked Tables than you should be safe. but searches and edits back can need Collation and will throw an errors.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
skj88

Post by skj88 »

Thanks for the reply. All seems to be working well with the imported tables. I have code to work with the MM automation objects to do updates so hopefully that all still works.

Cheers

Steve
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Interesting, are you planning to share findings?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts