synching pioneer xdr 100r

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

moley27272

synching pioneer xdr 100r

Post by moley27272 »

Hi Im new to MediaMonkey and this forum having recently moved over from clunky MusicBee.
Ive succesfully uploaded my music library to MM, most are FLAC files so its very large. I have a Pioneer XDR 100R music player with two micro SD cards, each 125gb. My library is 225gb, so I will need to use both SD cards.

So my question is can I sync to SD card one on my device, and when thats full it syncs the remaining music to the 2nd SD card?
Otherwise Im guessing I will need to manually do this?

Thanks for any help...even being old school I'm loving MediaMonkey

M
Lowlander

Re: synching pioneer xdr 100r

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey will see each storage as a separate storage device. You can use AutoPlaylists (Gold feature) with the Synchronization Status Criteria to exclude files from one device (card) if they're on another.

If you have an issue with using both cards as sync devices you can report back and the developers will look into it.
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Thank you lowlander :D
Dovetail

Post by Dovetail »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 pm MediaMonkey will see each storage as a separate storage device. You can use AutoPlaylists (Gold feature) with the Synchronization Status Criteria to exclude files from one device (card) if they're on another.
Hi I'm a long time user of media monkey but not on a particularly knowledgeable or sophisticated level and would appreciate some advice.
I have a similar issue: my audio player has two microsd card slots (currently running 0ne 200 and one 256 GB cards) which creates huge capacity.
Ideally I would like to have my collection (350GB) spread across the two cards and in addition have a variety of playlists. The problem is that this results in duplicates as a playlist on card 2 will sync all items on the playlist onto card 2 even if they are already present on card 1.
This doesnt particularly matter for small playlists but some of the playlists are very large - for example I have a 4 star and a 5 star playlist each of which run to thousands of tracks.
I can see two possible approaches
1 modify the playlists as Lowlander suggests above - problem is that I have not the faintest idea how to achieve this.
2 recreate the playlists on the device and then sync them back onto the PC - is it possible to make a playlist, for example, of all 5 star tracks on the android version?
any expert guidance would be much appreciated.
Rob
I
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no solution for this as you'd want the duplicate tracks to show on all the Playlists it is associated with.

The best you can do is to sync the Playlists with the most duplication's between them to the same memory.
Dovetail

Post by Dovetail »

Oh well,
I guess I'll need to split the playlists down into more manageable sizes and sort them aplhabetically.
Thanks for the advice.